AOKP Milestone 1 is now available for the Sprint Galaxy Nexus as well with the latest Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean. We just wrote about how you can install the latest Android 4.1.2 AOKP Milestone 1 Jelly Bean custom ROM on your Galaxy Nexus (GSM) and Verizon Galaxy Nexus. You can install Android 4.1.2 AOKP Build 5 Jelly Bean on Sprint Galaxy Nexus using this tutorial. This is a custom ROM, not an official update by Google or Samsung.
As you continue reading below, we will guide you through the process of how to update Sprint Galaxy Nexus to Android 4.1.2 AOKP Milestone 1 Jelly Bean custom firmware with complete steps. Remember, your data will be wiped and you will lose all your settings and apps. as this is a custom ROM Make sure you backup your data as given in the coming steps below.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
Android 4.1.2 AOKP Milestone 1 Jelly Bean New features:
- Adjustable NavBar width for Tablets
- Allow “Vibrate on Touch” behavior for Slide unlock
- Toggles can be hidden like in ICS – long press on the Settings button!
- Clickable (short & long configurable) Clock and Calendar in the Notification Slide
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Sprint Galaxy Nexus to connect it with the computer. Download Sprint Galaxy Nexus USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android phone with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
4. Your phone should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
5. Remember, this is not an official firmware update. This is a custom ROM, based on AOSP release of the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update Sprint Galaxy Nexus to Android 4.1.2 AOKP Milestone 1 Jelly Bean custom ROM.