ASUS EeePad Transformer TF101 can now be updated to Android 4.1.2 AOKP Build 5 Jelly Bean firmware with a custom ROM. AOKP ROMs are one of our favourite custom firmwares because of the AOSP look and feel of Android with added functionality and new features. We have a the full tutorial that you need to update EeePad Transformer TF101. You can easily install Android 4.1.2 on EeePad Transformer TF101 using this tutorial below.
As you read further, we will guide you through the entire process of how to update EeePad Transformer TF101 with Android 4.1.2 AOKP Build 5 Jelly Bean firmware using a custom recovery. Please backup your data from the tools given below as you will need to wipe out all your personal data and apps from the internal storage. Let’s continue below to the tutorial.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the ASUS EeePad Transformer to connect it with the computer. Download ASUS EeePad Transformer USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android tablet with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your tablet battery should be 80-85% charged. If your tablet goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your tablet might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
Data can also be backed up using ASUS KIES for their devices, but if you backup data manually, you get more options what top choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving ASUS Galaxy S3 backup data to HTC One X.
4. Your tablet should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
UPDATE: CM10.1 with the latest Android 4.2 is now available for this Android tablet. Read here for the tutorial.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update ASUS EeePad Transformer TF101 with Android 4.1.2 AOKP Build 5 Jelly Bean firmware.