Galaxy Mini is not getting the official Ice Cream Sandwich or Android 4.1 Jelly Bean software updates by Samsung, but that won’t stop developers from porting other custom ROMs or bringing the latest AOSP release for your phone. This ROM is made by combining three of the best and the most popular custom firmwares available – CyanogenMod 10, Paranoid Android, AOKP. You can now easily install Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean on Galaxy Mini S5570 using the tutorial below.
As you read further, we will guide you through the entire process of how to update Galaxy Mini S5570 to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean custom firmware using CWM recovery. Make sure you backup all your data from the tips and tools given below as you will have to wipe everything in order to install this firmware. Let’s move on to the tutorial below.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
- GSM (phone/messages/GPRS/EDGE/3G)
- Camera with working preview
- All sensors (proximity, rotation etc)
- Paranoid settings
- Aokp setting
- ICS keyboard
- YouTube (ONLY LOW QUALITY)
- Deep sleep
- Wifi signal indicator
- Native Android mass storage
- Without flickering
- Live Wallpapers
- FM Radio – USE SPIRIT FM APP
What’s Not Working:
- HQ video playback (need OpenMAX libraries from Qualcomm, unfortunately, they are not going to release them)
- Native USB tethering
- Native Wi-Fi tethering
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy Mini to connect it with the computer. Download Samsung Galaxy Mini USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android phone with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
4. Your phone should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
Remember, this is not an official firmware update. This is a custom ROM, based on AOSP release of the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean.
UPDATE: There is another Android 4.1.2 ROM out for the Galaxy Mini S5570. Read the full tutorial here!
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and install CM10 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean on Galaxy Mini S5570.