A new official firmware JKLP8 Android 4.0.3 is now available for download and you can install it on Galaxy Note N7000 with the help of our easy tutorial given below. This firmware has been released over Samsung KIES for Israel. Most of you would have already updated your phones, but for those who have not can continue reading below. You can install and update Galaxy Note N7000 to Android 4.0.3 JKLP8 with ODIN, the Samsung flashing tool, using our tutorial below.
As you read further, we will guide you through the entire process of how to update Galaxy Note N7000 to Android 4.0.3 JKLP8 (October 2012 – Israel) ICS official firmware using ODIN. Make sure you do not forget to backup all your personal data and apps before proceeding. Let’s continue with the tutorial.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
Android 4.0.3 JKLP8 Firmware Details:
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy Note to connect it with the computer. Download Samsung Galaxy Note USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android phone with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
Data can also be backed up using Samsung KIES for their devices, but if you backup data manually, you get more options what top choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy S3 backup data to HTC One X.
4. Your phone should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update Galaxy Note N7000 to JKLP8 Android 4.0.3 ICS firmware.