HOW TO: Install Android 4.1.2 AOKP Build 5 Jelly Bean on Galaxy S2 I9100
We have put together a detailed step-by-step instructions guide on how to install Android 4.1.2 AOKP Build 5 Jelly Bean on Samsung Galaxy S2. If you are used to installing custom ROMs on your Samsung Galaxy S2, then this should not be any different for you.
However, for beginners, you need to root your Samsung Galaxy S II and install a custom recovery. Please Google that up if you are unsure. Make sure you read the entire tutorial first before actually performing it.
- This tutorial is only for installing Android 4.1.2 AOKP Build 5 Jelly Bean on Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100. Please do not try on any other Galaxy S2 variants.
- Your phone SHOULD be rooted.
- This tutorial will wipe out all your data. Proceed at your own risk.
- Perform a Dalvik Cache wipe before proceeding from the recovery mode.
- Samsung KIES will NOT detect your phone after installing Android 4.1.2 AOKP Build 5 Jelly Bean because it is a custom ROM.
- ClockworkMod recovery should be installed from before.
- Make sure you backup all your data in your phone before proceeding.
Complete Step-By-Step Instructions:
Step 2 – Connect and mount your Galaxy S2 USB memory on your computer using the USB cable.
Step 3 – Now copy/paste the downloaded Android 4.1.2 ZIP file and Google Apps zip to your SD card. Make sure the file is in the SD card root (not in any folder).
Step 4 – Then turn OFF your phone and disconnect from the USB cable.
Step 5 – Now to get in the Recovery Mode. Switch ON the phone while pressing and holding the Volume Up + Home + Power buttons.
Step 6 – In ClockworkMod recovery, perform a full data wipe first. Then scroll down to “flash zip from SD card” and press the Power button to select it.
Step 7 – Press the Power button again and select “choose zip from sdcard”.
Step 8 –Now using your volume keys, navigate to the Android 4.1.2 ZIP file that you copied to your SD card and select it using the Power button. Confirm the installation on the next screen and the installation procedure should start now.
NOTE: Repeat this step again for the Google Apps zip file.
Step 9 – After the installation completes, go to “+++++Go Back” and reboot the phone by selecting “reboot system now” from the recovery menu. The phone will boot now and it might take about 5 minutes to boot on your first time. So, please wait.
That’s it! Your Galaxy S2 should now have Android 4.1.2 AOKP Build 5 Jelly Bean installed on your phone! Go to Settings >About phone to verify.
Hit +1 or LIKE as a thanks to us! 😉
If you run into any problems, feel free to drop us a comment below and we will reply you back ASAP with the fix or the solution to your problem.