Galaxy S2 I9100 users are still waiting for the official Jelly Bean software update for their phones, meanwhile, the developers are out with Android 4.1.2 AOKP ROM for the Galaxy S2 I9200. It is a custom firmware and the latest build 5 of Android 4.1.2 AOKP Jelly Bean is now available for download and installation on your Android phone. You can install Android 4.1.2 AOKP Build 5 Jelly Bean on Galaxy S2 I9100 (International) if you have a custom recovery installed and your phone is rooted. Remember, this is not an official Jelly Bean firmware. It is just a custom ROM with stock Android.
In this tutorial, we will guide you how to update Galaxy S2 I9100 to Android 4.1.2 AOKP Build 5 Jelly Bean with complete steps. This tutorial requires you to have a custom recovery (ClockworkMod) installed on your Android phone and that is not covered here. Make sure you also backup all your data as given below because this tutorial requires you to wipe all the data as you will be installing a new custom ROM. Let’s move on to the tutorial now.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
Android 4.1.2 AOKP Build 5 Jelly Bean Features:
- Custom NavBar for Tablets
- NavBar widgets are back from ICS
- Highly customizable Lockscreen Ring targets, with a shiny new editor in ROMControl! (also thanks to CM for the base of the framework part)
- Alternate default app picker (like in GB)
- Menu UI Overflow Toggle
- Option to disable vibration for Notification expansion
- RAM Bar in the Recents panel
- Timeout and instant lock options for Slide lock
- Tons of beautiful new icons by Kwes
- VPN Traffic amount in human readable format
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy S II to connect it with the computer. Download Samsung Galaxy S II USB drivers! from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android phone with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
4. Your Samsung Galaxy S II should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and install Android 4.1.2 AOKP Build 5 Jelly Bean on your Galaxy S2 I9100.