Codec ROM is one of the most feature rich custom ROMs available for the Galaxy S3 I9300 Android phone. It is based on the official Android 4.1.1 XXDLIH firmware update, but has features and look of the stock AOSP. You can easily update Galaxy S3 I9300 to XXDLIH Android 4.1.1 Codec ROM Jelly Bean custom firmware with our tutorial below. Remember, this is a custom ROM, not an official firmware.
As you continue reading below, we will guide you through the entire process of how to install XXDLIH Android 4.1.1 Codec ROM Jelly Bean on Galaxy S3 I9300 with complete steps. Please make sure you backup all your data as given below because this tutorial will wipe your data. You will need ClockworkMod Recovery installed on your phone. Let’s get to the tutorial now.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
XXDLIH Android 4.1.1 Codec ROM Jelly Bean Features:
- Rooted (CF SuperSU 0.96)
- Call Record
- No SMS In Logs
- Disabled Scrolling Cache
- Extended Power Menu
- Aroma Installer (Custom Install)
- Modded Camera
- Build Prop Tweaks
- Faster GPS Fix
- 840mb rom
- 15 Toggles
- Silent Camera
- Disabled Increasing Ringtone In Phone
- Ad Blocking
- Removed Multiple Tones (low battery, usb connection etc)
- Centered clock on statusbar
- Some system tweaks (Faster & Smoother)
- Full GPU Acceleration in UI
- Updated Aroma Installer to 2.5
- Long Press Volume Buttons to skip songs when screen locked
- Hacked AOSP email – removed keyguard restrictions/policies etc
- Moved kiesexe to aroma installer – battery saver
- Enabled emoji’s on AOSP Mms.apk
- Fully fixed Aroma script
- EFS Folder is now backed up during flash
- Resized app drawer icon in all launchers
- New audio tones for ui/ringtones/notifications/alarms
- Improved scrolling smoothness (Under Review)
- Improved overall responsiveness
- Some system tweaks for battery
- Better wifi tweaks, streaming, deep sleep
- Re-written some existing mods
- Improved APN List
- init.d Support
- Better Multitasking & More Free RAM
- Battery Bar
- Brightness fix
- Low battery and full battery notifications removed
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy S III to connect it with the computer. Download Samsung Galaxy S3 USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android phone with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
Data can also be backed up using Samsung KIES for their devices, but if you backup data manually, you get more options what top choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note backup data to HTC One X.
4. Your phone should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update Galaxy S3 I9300 to XXDLIH Android 4.1.1 Codec ROM Jelly Bean custom firmware.