Xperia Tipo LT21ss / LT21ds is a middle-range Android phone by Sony that comes with Android 4.0 ICS on board. You can easily root Xperia Tipo LT21ss / LT21ds on Android 4.0.4 ICS official firmware with this one-click root method. You do not need to have a custom (CWM) recovery installed on your phone.
In this tutorial, we will tell you how to root Xperia Tipo LT21ss / LT21ds on Android 4.0.4 ICS firmware. Make sure you backup all your personal data and apps as a precaution. We have given all the tips below. This rooting method works on Sony devices with both, locked and locked bootloaders. Let’s get on with the tutorial now.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Sony Ericsson Xperia Tipo to connect it with the computer. Download Sony Ericsson Xperia Tipo USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android phone with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
4. Your phone should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and root Xperia Tipo LT21ss / LT21ds on Android 4.0.4 ICS firmware.