Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 is not even out in the stores yet and the first root method for the popular phone + tablet device is already out. You can now root Galaxy Note 2 N7100 with a very easy tutorial using ODIN. We have given all the steps and instructions with downloads below. Rooting Galaxy Note 2 N7100 on Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean will allow you to install custom ROMs, a custom recovery and several other tweaks.
As you read further, we will guide you through the entire process of how to root Galaxy Note 2 N7100 on Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean official firmware using ODIN. Make sure you do not forget to backup all your personal data and apps before proceeding. Let’s continue with the tutorial below.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy Note II to connect it with the computer. Download Samsung Galaxy Note 2 USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android phone with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
Data can also be backed up using Samsung KIES for their devices, but if you backup data manually, you get more options what top choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy S3 backup data to HTC One X.
4. Your phone should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
UPDATE: Tutorial below has been updated with the latest ClockworkMod Recovery 18.104.22.168 and updated root method!
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial below and root Galaxy Note 2 N7100 on Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean firmware.
How to Root Galaxy Note 2 N7100 on Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean Firmware
We have put together a detailed step-by-step instructions guide on how to root Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean software version. If you are used to installing official updates through ODIN on Samsung Galaxy devices, then this should not be any different for you.
Please read every line carefully and make sure you read the tutorial once before actually performing it on your Android device.
- This rooting method tutorial is only for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100. Please don’t try this on any other variants of the phone.
- This tutorial will not wipe out your data, but please make sure you backup all your important data.
- ClockworkMod recovery will be installed automatically as you perform this rooting tutorial.
Complete Step-By-Step Instructions:
Step 1 – Download Android 4.1.1 CWM + Rooting Package for Galaxy Note 2 N7100 to your computer and extract the file.
Step 2 – Download ODIN v1.85 which will help you to root Android 4.1.1 on Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100.
Step 3 – Switch OFF your phone. Now go to Download Mode. How? Press and hold the Volume Down + Home buttons together, and then press the Power button, till you see the Samsung logo or the red and yellow text on the screen. Read: How to Enter Download Mode on Galaxy Note 2.
Step 4 – Make sure you have your Galaxy Note 2 USB drivers installed on your computer.
Step 5 – Open ODIN on your computer. Connect your phone to your computer while your phone is in the Download Mode.
Step 6 – If your phone is connected successfully, one of the ID:COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number. This step might take some time.
Step 7 – Now select the files that you have to flash/install on your phone. These files are to be found from the extracted files in Step 1.
- Click on ‘PDA’ and select the file “cwm6-root-n7100.tar”.
Step 8 – In ODIN, check the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options.
Step 9 – Now click on the Start button in ODIN. Installation process will start and would take a few minutes to complete.
Step 10 – After the installation is completed, your phone will restart. After you see the home screen, unplug your phone from the computer.
That’s it. Your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 has now been rooted on Android 4.1.1 software version. Check for the Superuser app in your apps list to verify.
To make sure you have correctly installed the above root method and it’s working, verify with Root Checker as given in the link.
Hit +1 or LIKE to thank us!
If you run into any problems, feel free to drop us a comment below and we will reply you back ASAP with the fix or the solution to your problem.