Jelly Bean Android 4.1.1 AOKP Build 3 is now available for Galaxy S I9000 with almost all the features working perfectly fine as they should. Galaxy S users can also enjoy the stock Android (Jelly Bean) experience on their phones now. You just need ClockworkMod recovery installed and you will be able to update Galaxy S I9000 to Jelly Bean Android 4.1.1 AOKP Build 3 custom ROM.
In this tutorial, we will tell you how to install Jelly Bean Android 4.1.1 AOKP Build 3 on Galaxy S I9000 with complete steps using CWM recovery. Make sure you backup all the data as we will have to wipe your previous personal data and apps. Let’s begin with the tutorial below.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
Jelly Bean Android 4.1.1 AOKP Build 3 Features:
- SMS QuickReply (Adam’s own implementation!)
- Expert Calculator functions (Graph, Matrices, etc.)
- IME Switcher & Vib/Ring toggle as NavRing target
- Stopwatch & Countdown in the Clock app (CyanogenMOD)
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy S to connect it with the computer. Download Samsung Galaxy S USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android phone with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
Data can also be backed up using Samsung KIES for their devices, but if you backup data manually, you get more options what top choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note backup data to HTC One X.
4. Your phone should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
5. Remember, this is not an official firmware update. This is a custom ROM, based on AOSP release of the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update Galaxy S I9000 to Jelly Bean Android 4.1.1 AOKP Build 3 custom firmware.