We just wrote about how you can update Galaxy Y Duos S6102 to the latest Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread firmwares, but for those who want to root it as well, you have come to the right place. The complete root method tutorial for rooting Galaxy Y Duos S6102 is now available and we will apply it using the stock recovery of your phone. Why should you root? Read: Benefits of rooting an Android device. You can easily root Galaxy Y Duos S6102 on Android 2.3.6 using the following tutorial.
As you continue reading, we will guide you through the entire process of how to root Galaxy Y Duos S6102 on Android 2.3.6 with all the steps required to do so. Please make sure you backup your data as a precaution. For those who do not know, rooting Galaxy Y Duos S6102 will allow you to install root apps, custom recovery and install system tweaks. Read our list of the essential root apps available! Let’s continue with the tutorial now.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
Galaxy Y Duos S6102 Root Package Features:
- su binary 184.108.40.206
- Chainsdd Superuser 3.0.7 (41)
- Busybox 1.19.3.
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy Y Duos to connect it with the computer. Download Samsung Galaxy Y Duos USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android phone with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
Data can also be backed up using Samsung KIES for their devices, but if you backup data manually, you get more options what top choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy S3 backup data to HTC One X.
4. Your phone should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
5. In case you want to unroot Galaxy Y S6102, read the complete tutorial here!
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and root Galaxy Y Duos S6102 on Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread official firmware.