There is no announcements of release dates of when will Sony is going to release Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean for Xperia Arc S LT18i / LT18a. But thanks to the CyanogenMod 10 community working, CM10 Jelly Bean custom ROM is now available for download and trying out on our phones. It is the FreeXperia team who has brought the stock Android experience to your Xperia Arc S phones. You can easily install Android 4.1.1 CM10 Jelly Bean on Xperia Arc S LT18i / LT18a with the easy tutorial given below. You need to have ClockworkMod recovery installed.
In this tutorial, we will tell you how to update Xperia Arc S LT18i / LT18a to CM10 Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean firmware with complete steps and instructions. Make sure you backup all your data as given in the tips below, because you will have to wipe all your data from ClockworkMod recovery. Let’s get on with the tutorial now.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
What’s Not Working:
- Lots of features. This ROM is still WIP (work in progress).
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc S to connect it with the computer. Download Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc S USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android phone with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
4. Your phone should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update Xperia Arc S LT18i / LT18a to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean CM10 firmware.