Android 4.1.1 XXDLH9, the latest test firmware for the Galaxy S3 I9300 was released a few days ago. ROM developers have already started using this new firmware in their custom ROMs. Omega XXDLH9 Android 4.1.1 is one such ROM that we found very stable enough and feature-loaded. You can easily flash Omega XXDLH9 Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean firmware on Galaxy S3 I9300 with CWM. Your phone should be rooted and ClockworkMod recovery should be installed.
As you continue reading below, we will guide you through the entire process of how to install Omega XXDLH9 Android 4.1.1 custom ROM on Galaxy S3 I9300 with complete steps. Make sure you backup all your data as given below because this tutorial will wipe your data from CWM recovery. Let’s get to the tutorial now.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
Omega XXDLH9 Android 4.1.1 ROM Features:
- Based on test firmware XXDLH9 Android 4.1.1 (Date: 31/08/2012)
- Kernel Insecure XXDLH9
- Modem XXDLH9
- csc XADLH9 set to BTU
- efs Backup (added the option to create efs backup during installation)
- CWM Manager v3.60 by Chainfire (not fully compatible)
- Busybox v1.20.2
- SuperSU v0.96
- init.d support without the need of a kernel that supports init.d
- Aroma installer – Installation is fully customizable by user and there is options
- to install everything and remove Bloatware – read here for more info
- Wipe cache partition automatic before roms installation
- Wipe Dalvik Cache automatic during installation
- Wipe preload partition automatic before roms installation
- All stock applications – plus:
- Flipboard (updated to latest version)
- Google Maps (updated to latest version)
- Gmail (updated to latest version)
- Play Store v3.8.17
- S Memo
- Voice Search
- Hide SMS from Call Log
- All supported languages enabled
- All supported languages for Samsung Keyboard enabled
- Call Recorder
- Changed Launcher Priority to 1
- V6 SuperCharger credits to zeppelinrox
- Tweaks so memory will never go below 200 mb
- Battery % mod
- Fix for cell standby issue
- Disabled advertisements
- Faster GPS lock
- Modded YouTube by rolle (can download videos)
- Completely Silend Camera
- Disable Scrolling Cache
- Reboot menu with Recovery and Download
- Phone with no increasing ringtone
- build.prop tweaks
- Stock Theme Changes:
- Green % battery icons
- Omegas addon applications:
- Es File Explorer (with great Root Explorer)
- Hide It Pro
- Download All Files
- FastDormancy Toggle for I9300 v1.0 by gokhanmoral
- Boot sound
- Charger Connection Sound
- Shutdown Animation
- Stock Theme Changes:
- Dithered Holo Background added by Zabalba
- Blue % battery icons
- Rom is Deodexed + Rooted + Zipaligned
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy S III to connect it with the computer. Download Samsung Galaxy S3 USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android phone with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
Data can also be backed up using Samsung KIES for their devices, but if you backup data manually, you get more options what top choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note backup data to HTC One X.
4. Your phone should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
NOTE: Since this ROM is based on a leaked firmware, make sure you know that after installing this firmware update, your can get FC errors, boot loops, several other bugs, apps might not work or worse, your phone might not boot. To fix, you will have to reinstall stock firmware.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update Galaxy S3 I9300 to Omega XXDLH9 Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean ROM custom firmware.