Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3110 / P3113 has also received the popular custom firmware AOKP Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean. It brings a long list of features (we have posted that below) and will continue to build and add more features in this ROM. You can now update Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3110 / P3113 to Android 4.1.1 AOKP Jelly Bean Build 1 using the tutorial below. You need to have CWM recovery installed.
As you read further, we will guide you through the entire process of how to update Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3110 / P3113 to Android 4.1.1 AOKP Jelly Bean Build 1 custom firmware using ClockworkMod recovery. Be warned, that this tutorial will wipe all your existing installed apps and personal setting. Please backup your data from the tools given below. Let’s continue below to the tutorial now.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
If you are looking for how to install Android 4.1.1 AOKP Jelly Bean Build 1 on Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5110 / P5113 – Read the tutorial here!
AOKP Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean Build 1 Features:
- Notification Toggles
- Lockscreen tweaks (no custom targets yet)
- Navigation bar modifications
- Custom kernel performance options
- LED colors
- Notification wallpapers
- Phone ringer modifications (Flip call to silent, silent/vibrate when headphones are in)
- Plus more!
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 to connect it with the computer. Download Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android tablet with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your tablet battery should be 80-85% charged. If your tablet goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your tablet might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
Data can also be backed up using Samsung KIES for their devices, but if you backup data manually, you get more options what top choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy S3 backup data to HTC One X.
4. Your tablet should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3110 / P3113 (WiFi only) to Android 4.1.1 AOKP Jelly Bean Build 1 custom ROM.