HOW TO: Install CM10 Android 4.1.1 Nightly Jelly Bean ROM on Samsung AT&T Galaxy S3 I747
We have put together a detailed step-by-step instructions guide on how to install CM10 Android 4.1.1 Nightly Jelly Bean on AT&T Galaxy S3 I747. If you are used to installing custom ROMs on your Galaxy S3 I747, then this should not be any different for you.
However, for beginners, you need to root your AT&T Galaxy S3 and install a custom recovery. Please Google that up if you are unsure and read the tutorial below once before actually performing it on your phone.
- This tutorial is only for installing CM10 Android 4.1.1 Nightly Jelly Bean ROM on Samsung AT&T Galaxy S3 I747. Please do not try on any other Galaxy S III variants.
- Your phone SHOULD be rooted.
- This tutorial will wipe out all your data. Proceed at your own risk.
- Perform a Dalvik Cache wipe before proceeding from the recovery mode.
- Samsung KIES will NOT detect your phone after installing Paranoid Android 4.1.1 CM10 because it is a custom ROM.
- ClockworkMod recovery should be installed from before.
- Make sure you backup all your data in your phone before proceeding.
Complete Step-By-Step Instructions:
Step 2 – Connect and mount your AT&T Galaxy S3 USB memory on your computer using the USB cable.
Step 3 – Now copy/paste the downloaded CM10 ROM zip file and Google Apps file to your SD card. Make sure the files are in the SD card root (not in any folder).
Step 4 – Then turn off your phone and disconnect from the USB cable.
Step 5 – Now to get in the recovery mode. Switch on the phone while pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons together.
Step 6 – In ClockworkMod recovery, perform a full data wipe first. Then scroll down to “flash zip from SD card” and press the power button to select it.
Step 7 – Press the power button again and select “choose zip from sdcard”.
Step 8 –Now using your volume keys, navigate to the CM10 ROM zip file that you copied to your SD card and select it using the power button. Confirm the installation on the next screen and the installation procedure should start now.
NOTE: Repeat the same step for the Google Apps file as well.
Step 9 – After the installation completes, go to “+++++Go Back” and reboot the phone by selecting “reboot system now” from the recovery menu. The phone will boot now and it might take about 5 minutes to boot on your first time. So, please wait.
That’s it! Your AT&T Galaxy S3 should now have CM10 Android 4.1.1 Nightly Jelly Bean ROM installed on your phone! Go to Settings > About phone to verify.
Hit +1 or LIKE as a thanks to us!
If you run into any problems, feel free to drop us a comment below and we will reply you back ASAP with the fix or the solution to your problem.