XXBLH4 Android 4.1.1 (Jelly Bean) for Galaxy S3 I9300 is another leaked firmware for the Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 and is now available for download. This firmware is an internal build of the Jelly Bean OTA for Galaxy S3, but you can now manually install XXBLH4 Android 4.1.1 JB on SGS3. The full tutorial on how to root XXBLH4 Android 4.1.1 for Galaxy S3 will be posted soon.
As you continue reading below, we will guide you through the entire process of installing XXBLH4 Android 4.1.1 on Galaxy S3 I9300 using ODIN flashing tool. Let’s continue with the tutorial below and don’t forget to backup all your data. I9300XXBLH4 (JRO03C) is an internal Samsung ROM and is completely unbranded, which means any I9300 (unlocked) user can install this ROM and get a taste of the official Jelly Bean firmware.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
This firmware is a repackaged version of an official firmware to make it installable from Clockworkmod recovery.
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy S III to connect it with the computer. Download Samsung Galaxy S3 USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android phone with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
Data can also be backed up using Samsung KIES for their devices, but if you backup data manually, you get more options what top choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note backup data to HTC One X.
4. Your phone should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update Galaxy S3 I9300 to XXBLH4 Android 4.1.1 official firmware.