SuperNexus Android 4.1.1 AOSP Jelly Bean is now available for the Samsung Galaxy S III. Official I9300 Android 4.1 firmwares are not available at the moment and Samsung has not announced anything yet. For now, you can install SuperNexus AOSP on your Galaxy S3 to get the stock Android experience on your Android phone.
As you continue reading, we will guide you through the entire process of how to install SuperNexus Android 4.1.1 AOSP custom firmware on Galaxy S3 I9300 with all the steps. Please make sure you backup your data as this tutorial will wipe clean all your personal files and data. We will be using ClockworkMod recovery in this tutorial and your phone should be rooted.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
SuperNexus Android 4.1.1 AOSP Features:
- Fully Deodexed
- Zipaligned APKs
- Rooted (Super SU)
- BusyBox Installed
- No 3rd Party App
- ZERO Bloatware
- Official Jelly Bean Bootanimation (From Official Galaxy Nexus Android 4.1.1 Factory Image)
- Init.d Support
- Bash & Nano Support
- Native SIP/VOIP Support
- EXT4 File System Optimizations
- Boot Animation Performance Enhancements
- Galaxy S II Device Settings as an App
- Extended Power Menu (Reboot, Recovery & Download Options)
- Powerkey Camera Shutter (Click Power Button To Capture Image/Video in Camera App)
- Device Hardware Information (Settings>About Device>Hardware Information)
- T9 Dialer Functionality (Smart Dialer)
- Landscape Dialer Support
- Increased Tab Limit in Stock Browser From 16 To 64
- Huge APN & SPN List
- Tweaked Progress Spinners Values (Silky Smooth Loading Spinners)
- Allowed Any File-Type To Be Downloaded
- Allowed Installation Of Apps From Unknown Sources By Default
- Disabled Data Roaming By Default
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy S III to connect it with the computer. Download Samsung Galaxy S3 USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android phone with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
Data can also be backed up using Samsung KIES for their devices, but if you backup data manually, you get more options what top choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note backup data to HTC One X.
4. Your phone should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update Galaxy S3 I9300 to SuperNexus Android 4.1.1 AOSP custom firmware.