Samsung Galaxy Note N7000B has just received the latest build DULR5 of Android 4.0.4 for Australia (Vodafone). This firmware is fresh from July and was built on 18th July 2012. You can install and update Galaxy Note N7000B to Android 4.0.4 DULR5 using the easy tutorial below.
As you read further, we will guide you through the entire process of how to update Galaxy Note N7000B to Android 4.0.4 DULR5 (July 2012 – Australia, Cyprus, Greece) official firmware using ODIN. Be warned, that this tutorial will wipe all your existing installed apps and personal settings. Please backup your data from the tools given below.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
Android 4.0.4 DULR5 Firmware Details:
Regions: Cyprus, Greece
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy Note to connect it with the computer. Download Samsung Galaxy Note USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android phone with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
Data can also be backed up using Samsung KIES for their devices, but if you backup data manually, you get more options what top choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy S3 backup data to HTC One X.
4. Your phone should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update Galaxy Note N7000B to DULR5 Android 4.0.4 (July 2012 for Australia) ICS firmware.