Huawei Honor U8860 has finally received the official Android 4.0 ICS software update that users have been waiting for a long time. Huawei software updates are mostly very stable with minimum bugs and good performance. B923 Android 4.0 ICS on Huawei U8860 can be installed using the tutorial given below.
As you continue reading below, we will guide you through the entire process of how to install B923 Android 4.0 ICS on Huawei Honor U8860 stock firmware. This firmware will be installed in Chinese language, but language can be changed to English after installation. We have covered all the steps and download files you need in the tutorial below. Please make sure you backup all your apps as this firmware upgrade will delete all your data.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Huawei Honor U8860 to connect it with the computer. Download Huawei Honor U8860 USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android phone with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
Data can also be backed up using Samsung KIES for their devices, but if you backup data manually, you get more options what top choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note backup data to HTC One X.
4. Your phone should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial below and update Huawei Honor U8860 to Android 4.0 B923.
HOW TO: Install B923 Android 4.0 ICS on Huawei Honor U8860
We have put together a detailed step-by-step instructions guide on how to install official update Android 4.0 on Huawei U8860. If you are used tostock firmwares manually on your Huawei Honor, then this should not be any different for you.
Make sure you read the entire tutorial once before actually performing it on your Huawei Android phone.
- This tutorial is only for installing Android 4.0 official firmware on Huawei Honor U8860. Please do not try on any other Huawei Honor variants.
- Make sure you backup all your data in your phone before proceeding.
Complete Step-By-Step Instructions:
Step 1 – Download Android 4.0 ICS for Huawei U8860 to your computer and extract it anywhere.
Step 2 – Connect and mount your Huawei Honor USB memory on your computer using the USB cable.
Step 3 – Now copy/paste the UPDATE.APP and UPDATE_CUST.APP (ignore this file if not available) from the extracted firmware file to your SD card, like this: /mnt/sdcard/dload/UPDATE.APP.
Step 4 – Then turn off your phone and disconnect from the USB cable.
Step 5 – Now take out the battery and insert again for a full reboot. Do not turn on the phone in this step.
Step 6 – Now to get in the firmware installation mode. Switch on the phone while pressing and holding Volume Up + Volume Down + Power buttons together.
Step 7 – If everything went well, Android 4.0 ICS installation should begin now.
That’s it! Your Huawei Honor U8860 is now upgraded to Android 4.0 (build B923) ICS official stock firmware! Go to Settings > About phone to verify.
If you run into any problems, feel free to drop us a comment below and we will reply you back ASAP with the fix or the solution to your problem.