We love custom ROMs that make sure you get the stock Android experience on your devices, but add as much functionality as possible which includes system tweak, optimizations and mods. Nexus 7 has just got the perfect custom ROM for it: BAMF Paradigm JRO03H Android 4.1.1.
In this tutorial, we will tell you how to install JRO03H Android 4.1.1 (BAMF Paradigm) on Nexus 7 with complete steps and precautionary measure that you should take before installing a custom firmware. Your tablet should be rooted and ClockworkMod recovery should be installed.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
Paradigm ROM (JRO03H Android 4.1.1) offers great features and tweaks. Here is a list:
Under the Hood:
- AOSP 4.1.1 base
- Updated to latest AOSP bug fixes
- 4.1.1 Proprietary blobs
- Custom busybox built for Team BAMF
- Superuser and su binary built from source and updateable from Market (thanks ChainsDD)
- Signed with private developer keys for increased security
- All stock sound files
- Spare Parts enabled and added to build
- Enabled extra browser settings
- Increased rotation and animation speed and opened up 360 degree rotation
- Custom clock widget from ICS pre-release
- Added long press of Recent apps to activate menu key
- Configurable Search soft key with option to enable/disable
- Custom launcher with search bar removed, 6×7 grid layout
- [s]Configurable Lockscreen with three hotseats, selectable left target, and pull down for Torch [/s]- Back Soon
- Completely configurable QuickSettings replacing normal settings in Status Bar
- BAMF Settings (huge thanks to Stericson for the RootTools SDK which we incorporated for root functionality)
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Nexus 7 tablet to connect it with the computer. Download ASUS Nexus 7 USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android phone/tablet with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your tablet battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
4. Your tablet should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update Nexus 7 with BAMF Paradigm Android 4.1.1 custom ROM.