ClockworkMod 6 custom recovery is now available for a number of popular Android phones. CWM6 was started from Galaxy Nexus where it was well tested and then later a couple of days ago it was finally released as the final version. After the Nexus S, we now CWM6 for Nexus S 4G.
Nexus S 4G I9020A CWM6 works flawlessly without any bugs and has a slightly better interface compared to the previous CWM5. In this tutorial, we will explain how you can update your Nexus S 4G to ClockworkMod 6 recovery. All the required steps are given below after the jump and please make sure you always backup your data before performing anything.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Samsung Nexus S 4G to connect it with the computer. Download Samsung Nexus S 4G USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android device with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, unlock bootloader or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page to install ClockworkMod 6 custom recovery on Nexus S 4G I9020A.