HTC Sensation can now be updated to the latest ICS (Android 4.0) software update with HTC Sense 3.6. HTC pushed out the latest Android 4.0 ICS update recently to Germany, and this official 3.32.401.5 firmware is now available for download or flashing on your HTC Sensation.
Official 3.32.401.5 firmware is a worldwide release, which means anyone can install this update on their HTC Sensation. There are still many HTC Sensation users who have not received ICS update in their phones. They can also update their HTC Sensation with this Android 4.0 ICS update. Since this is an official firmware, you warranty will not void if you install it with the tutorial given below.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
HTC Sensation 3.32.401.5 ICS Firmware
You need to be on the stock firmware in order to apply this new 3.32.401.5 ICS firmware. If you are on a custom ROM, then roll back to stock 1.50.401.1 RUU before trying to install the new ICS firmware.
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the HTC Sensation to connect it with the computer. Download HTC Sensation USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android phone with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data because all your personal data will be deleted in this tutorial. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
4. Your phone should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
This is a leaked official firmware and many firmwares vary from region to region as HTC rolls them out officially. We are not to be held responsible for any damage.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update your HTC Sensation to the latest Android 4.0 3.32.401.5 OTA official firmware.