Decent ROM can be installed on Galaxy S7 Edge G935F. It is based on latest Android 7.1.2 Nougat and packs great features. A lot of them are customisation features and some are tweaks to run your device smooth and fast. Its a great ROM and is liked by a lot of users out there. And with that, you will be able to update Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge G935F to 7.1.2 Decent ROM Nougat using this complete tutorial. A custom recovery will be needed to install 7.1.2 based Decent ROM ROM zip file, since this is not an official Samsung firmware update.
If this is your very first time installing a custom ROM, we understand you would want to make sure your installation process go as smooth as possible. So before we actually jump to the installation process of Decent ROM ROM, let’s take a look below at how to backup all your data. When installing this 7.1.2 Nougat based custom ROM, your entire data will be wiped clean — like a brand new phone. As a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge user, you have several options to choose from depending on how you want to store your data. These are the some of the tips given below that we want you to keep in mind and then proceed.
Disclaimer: All the custom ROMs and firmwares, official software updates, tools, mods or anything mentioned in the tutorial belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
7.1.2 Decent ROM Nougat ROM Details:
This amazing Decent ROM custom ROM comes with tons of new features and is based on 7.1.2 Nougat. A quick list of the main features in Decent ROM is given below and we are sure you’d love to use this on your Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge G935F:
- * Stock S7 & S7 Edge Kernel Included *
* Updated SuperSU v2.82 SR3*
* Updated Latest BusyBox 1.27.1
* Pre-Rooted *
* Stock Deodexed *
* Highly Debloated *
* Fast , Smooth & Battery Friendly *
* Added CSC Tweaks *
* Added Build.Prop Tweaks *
* Completely Knox Free *
* Ram Optimization *
* Default Animation 0.5 *
* Fix Charging Animation * (while phone is Power Off)
* Added S8 Style Power Menu *
* Added S8 Style Reboot to Recovery in Power Menu *
* Private Mode Working * ( Not Completely )
* Added Per App Lock *
* Remove Lock Icon in Recent Apps *
* Remove MultiUser Mod In SystemUI *
* USSD codes Working *
* Remove SD card Notification *
* Decrease Auto Brightness Responce Time *
* Remove High Volume Warning *
* Remove Center DataUsage in Notification Panel *
* Added ScreenCapture Toggles *
* Remove Samsung Music App *
* Remove Samsung Video App *
* Unlock after reboot with fingerprint *
* Disabled signature check *
NOTE: This Decent ROM custom ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge is only for the SM-G935F variant. We highly recommend not trying this custom ROM on any other variant. You may have a different variant/model of the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, depending on your region of purchase.
Not sure about your phone? Please follow these quick and easy steps below:
- Go to Settings on your phone
- Scroll down till you see “About device” or “About phone” and tap there
- Note down what is written under “Model number”
This is the exact model number of your Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.
There are tons of useful articles and how-to guides on Team Android for the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, but we think you might be interested in the following posts:
- Root Tutorial: How to Root Galaxy S7 Edge G935F on Android Official Firmware.
- Install TWRP: How to Install TWRP Recovery on Galaxy S7 Edge.
- Install Nougat: How to Install Try and Install Android 7.0 Nougat on Computer.
- Custom ROMs: For a complete collection of Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge custom ROMs, click here!
Like this Decent ROM ROM based on the latest 7.1.2? We love it too and we know you are looking forward to install it on your phone now. Now please read below for important tips on how to make sure your installation goes smooth and you do not end up with any problems.
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge USB Drivers
You will need to connect your Android phone with the computer. For that, please make sure you have installed the USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge properly. If not, you can download the latest official drivers from our Android USB Drivers section here:
All set and ready? Good. Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial below and update Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge G935F to 7.1.2 Decent ROM Nougat custom firmware.
NOTE: There is a helpful tips section at the bottom of this guide to help you backup your entire phone as all your data will be wiped clean during the installation of this ROM. We want to make sure your installation goes smooth and you do not end up with any problems.
Tutorial: How to Install 7.1.2 Decent ROM Nougat on Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge G935F
We have put together a detailed step-by-step instructions guide on how to install 7.1.2 Decent ROM Nougat custom firmware on Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. If you are used to installing custom ROMs on your Galaxy S7 Edge, then this should not be any different for you.
As we mentioned earlier, you need to have a custom recovery installed on your phone. Please do that first and then get back to this tutorial. And before you proceed below, make sure you read the tutorial once before actually performing it on your Android device.
- This tutorial is only for installing 7.1.2 Decent ROM ROM on Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge G935F. Please do not try on any other Galaxy S7 Edge variants.
- Your phone should have a custom recovery installed in order to install this Decent ROM ROM on your phone.
- We will be using TWRP Recovery for this tutorial. [Installation Guide: How to Install TWRP Recovery on Galaxy S7 Edge]
- This tutorial will wipe out all your data. Make sure you backup all your data in your phone before proceeding.
- Samsung KIES will NOT detect your phone after installing this ROM because it is a custom firmware.
- Perform a Dalvik Cache wipe before proceeding from the Recovery Mode.
Complete Step-By-Step Instructions:
Step 1 – Download 7.1.2 Decent ROM ROM for Galaxy S7 Edge to your computer.
Step 2 – Connect and mount your Galaxy S7 Edge USB memory to your computer using the USB cable.
Step 3 – Now copy/paste the downloaded 7.1.2 ROM zip file to your phone memory / SD card. Make sure the file is in the phone memory / SD card root (not in any folder).
Step 4 – Then turn OFF your phone and disconnect from the USB cable.
Step 5 – Now to get in the Recovery Mode. Switch ON the phone while pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons together. Alternatively, read this: How to Enter Recovery Mode on Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.
NOTE: Screenshots of the Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP Recovery) may change as new versions are released.