FastRom is based on the official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Samsung firmware. This firmware brings Samsung’s new GraceUX which has been included in the Galaxy Note 5 and Galaxy Note 7. This ROM is fully deodexed and brings some customisation options to modify the device. Moreover, this is a very fast, smooth and stable firmware for Galaxy S6 Edge G925F. And with that, you will be able to update Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge G925F to Android 6.0.1 FastRom Nougat using this complete tutorial. A custom recovery will be needed to install Android 6.0.1 based FastRom ROM zip file, since this is not an official Samsung firmware update.
If this is your very first time installing a custom ROM, we understand you would want to make sure your installation process go as smooth as possible. So before we actually jump to the installation process of FastRom ROM, let’s take a look below at how to backup all your data. When installing this Android 6.0.1 Nougat based custom ROM, your entire data will be wiped clean — like a brand new phone. As a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge user, you have several options to choose from depending on how you want to store your data. These are the some of the tips given below that we want you to keep in mind and then proceed.
Disclaimer: All the custom ROMs and firmwares, official software updates, tools, mods or anything mentioned in the tutorial belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
Android 6.0.1 FastRom Nougat ROM Details:
This amazing FastRom custom ROM comes with tons of new features and is based on Android 6.0.1 Nougat. A quick list of the main features in FastRom is given below and we are sure you’d love to use this on your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge G925F:
- Rom is Fully Deodeax
The ROM is based on the latest Korean UX version N920KKKU2CPJ4.
Security patch is 1 November
Work like Charme
Battery backup and Standby mod is also class
NOTE: This FastRom custom ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge is only for the SM-G925F variant. We highly recommend not trying this custom ROM on any other variant. You may have a different variant/model of the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge, depending on your region of purchase.
Not sure about your phone? Please follow these quick and easy steps below:
- Go to Settings on your phone
- Scroll down till you see “About device” or “About phone” and tap there
- Note down what is written under “Model number”
This is the exact model number of your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge.
There are tons of useful articles and how-to guides on Team Android for the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge, but we think you might be interested in the following posts:
- Root Tutorial: How to Root Galaxy S6 Edge G925F on Android Official Firmware.
- Install Lollipop: How to Install Try and Install Android 5.1 Lollipop on Computer.
- Custom ROMs: For a complete collection of Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge custom ROMs, click here!
Like this FastRom ROM based on the latest Android 6.0.1? We love it too and we know you are looking forward to install it on your phone now. Now please read below for important tips on how to make sure your installation goes smooth and you do not end up with any problems.
Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge USB Drivers
You will need to connect your Android phone with the computer. For that, please make sure you have installed the USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge properly. If not, you can download the latest official drivers from our Android USB Drivers section here:
Backup and Other Important Tips
Done with the USB drivers? Perfect. The tutorial is on the next page, but first, please take a look at the following tips and important points you need to take care of. These are important, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps:
Always backup your important data that you might need after you install a new custom ROM, an official software update or anything else. Make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below for some tips on how to backup data:
- Backup your Apps. How? –> How to Backup Android Apps.
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup Android ROM. How? –> How to Backup Android ROM with Nandroid / Recovery.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings. How? Note down everything from: Settings > Wireless & Networks (More…) > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
Samsung users can also back up data using Samsung KIES. If you backup data manually, you get more options what to choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note 4 backup data to Sony Xperia Z3
If you already have a custom recovery (ClockworkMod, TWRP etc.) installed on your phone, we strongly recommend a backup using that as it creates a complete image of your existing phone set up. It is easier and faster to restore your phone through a custom recovery.
A few more optional tips that you should remember:
1. Having problems connecting your Android phone to the computer? You need to enable USB debugging mode. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging — for Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich, Jelly Bean, KitKat and Lollipop.
2. Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. This might help you: How to Check Battery Percentage. Why? Because, if your phone goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods etc. — your phone might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?
4. Most of the tutorials and how-to guides on Team Android are for factory unlocked Android phones and tablets. We recommend NOT to try our guides if your phone is locked to a carrier, unless we have specified the carrier name or device model.
If you find the above tips useful and they were helpful to you, please consider giving us a +1 or SHARE with others so they can also benefit from these tips!
All set and ready? Good. Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge G925F to Android 6.0.1 FastRom Nougat custom firmware.