Update T-Mobile Galaxy S3 SGH-T999 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat with HellKat Custom ROM
HellKat ROM for the T-Mobile Galaxy S3 SGH-T999 is based on CM 11 sources. A main difference between HellKat and CM is that HellKat is compiled with Linaro Toolchain which makes HellKat much faster. It also contains a Red holo launcher theme rather then the Blue on black. If interested in Android 4.4.2 for other phones, check out our new Custom ROMs section. You can update T-Mobile Galaxy S3 SGH-T999 to HellKat Android 4.4.2 KitKat custom firmware using the tutorial below. This is not an official release by Samsung, but just a custom ROM which would require a custom recovery like ClockworkMod in order to flash the ROM zip and Google Apps zip files on your phone.
In this tutorial, we will tell you how to install HellKat Android 4.4.2 KitKat ROM on T-Mobile Galaxy S3 SGH-T999 with complete steps using CWM recovery. We also have several tips on how to backup your phone data and also some more tips that you have to keep in mind before proceeding to the tutorial on the next page. You will have to wipe your previous personal data and apps as usual when installing custom ROMs. The following tips are important as they will help the installation procedure to go smooth without any issues. Let’s begin with the tutorial below.
Disclaimer: All the custom ROMs and firmwares, official software updates, tools, mods or anything mentioned in the tutorial belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
HellKat Android 4.4.2 KitKat ROM Details:
This amazing HellKat custom ROM comes with tons of new features and is based on Android 4.4.2 KitKat. There are tons of useful articles and how-to guides on Team Android for the Samsung T-Mobile Galaxy S3, but we think you might be interested in the following posts:
- Install ClockworkMod Recovery: How to Install ClockworkMod Recovery on T-Mobile Galaxy S3 SGH-T999.
- Android 4.2.2 Custom ROMs: For a complete collection of T-Mobile Galaxy S3 SGH-T999 custom ROMs, click here!
Like this HellKat ROM based on the latest Android 4.4.2? We love it too and we know you are looking forward to install it on your phone now. Now please read below for important tips on how to make sure your installation goes smooth and you do not end up with any problems.
Samsung T-Mobile Galaxy S3 USB Drivers
You will need to connect your Android phone with the computer. For that, please make sure you have installed the USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S3 properly. If not, you can download the latest official drivers from our Android USB Drivers section here:
Backup and Other Important Tips
Done with the USB drivers? Perfect. The tutorial is on the next page, but first, please take a look at the following tips and important points you need to take care of. These are important, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps:
Always backup your important data that you might need after you install a new custom ROM, an official software update or anything else. Make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below for some tips on how to backup data:
- Backup your Apps. How? –> How to Backup Android Apps.
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings. How? Note down everything from: Settings > Wireless & Networks (More…) > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
Samsung users can also back up data using Samsung KIES. If you backup data manually, you get more options what to choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung T-Mobile Galaxy S3 backup data to HTC One X.
If you already have a custom recovery (ClockworkMod, TWRP etc.) installed on your phone, we strongly recommend a backup using that as it creates a complete image of your existing phone set up.
A few more optional tips that you should remember:
1. Having problems connecting your Android phone to the computer? You need to enable USB debugging mode. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging — for Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich and Jelly Bean.
2. Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. This might help you: How to Check Battery Percentage. Why? Because, if your phone goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods etc. — your phone might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?
4. Most of the tutorials and how-to guides on Team Android are for factory unlocked Android phones and tablets. We recommend NOT to try our guides if your phone is locked to a carrier, unless we have specified the carrier name or device model.
If you find the above tips useful and they were helpful to you, please consider giving us a +1 or LIKE to thank us!
All set and ready? Good. Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update T-Mobile Galaxy S3 SGH-T999 to HellKat Android 4.4.2 KitKat custom firmware.