How to Update Galaxy S3 I9300 to Android 4.4.2 NeatROM KitKat Custom Firmware
NeatROM for Galaxy S3 I9300 brings the latest Android 4.4.2 KiKat mobile OS to this device. This ROM features a brand new look for Galaxy S3. By installing this ROM you are opening a door towards a paradise of customization. This ROM brings Android customization to a whole new level. Moreover it brings all goodies of latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat to your device so expect the latest with brilliant customization options. Its stable, fast and smooth ROM. If interested in Android 4.4.2 for other phones, check out our new Custom ROMs section. You can update Galaxy S3 I9300 to NeatROM Android 4.4.2 KitKat custom firmware using the tutorial below. This is not an official release by Samsung, but just a custom ROM that is based on the latest AOSP release and would require a custom recovery like ClockworkMod in order to flash the ROM zip and Google Apps zip files on your phone.
As you continue reading below, we will guide you through the entire process of how to install NeatROM Android 4.4.2 KitKat on Galaxy S3 I9300 with complete steps. Don’t forget to read all the tips below that you have to keep in mind before proceeding. Please make sure you backup all your data as given below because this tutorial will wipe your data. The following tips are important as they will help the installation procedure to go smooth without any issues. Let’s get to the tutorial now.
Disclaimer: All the custom ROMs and firmwares, official software updates, tools, mods or anything mentioned in the tutorial belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial
NeatROM Android 4.4.2 KitKat ROM Details:
This amazing NeatROM custom ROM comes with tons of new features and is based on Android 4.4.2 KitKat. A quick list of the main features in NeatROM is given below and we are sure you’d love to use this on your Galaxy S3 I9300:
- AOSP NeatROM for Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300
- Firmware: I9300 AOSP NeatROM Slim v2.1 (4.4.2)
- Compiled from the latest SlimKat repos
- The Real Dark Slim
- Notification drawer Shortcuts
- Full hardware key rebinding
- Keyboard rotation
- Nova Launcher
- Darker Camera – colour filter options, gps indicator, picture quality, smart capture, shutter sound…
- Darker Gallery
- Phasebeam LiveWallpaper
- Wifi country code
- Mediascanner behaviour on boot
- Volume key cursor control
- Show permanent enter key on keyboard
- IME selector notification
- Auto keyboard rotation feature
- Systemwide blacklist support for calls and sms/mms
- Pattern size customizing
- Lock before unlock the new way
- Lockscreen shortcuts
- Fully revamped lockscreen target options
- Start widgets maximized on lockscreen
- Enable carousel animation on lockscreen
- Enable/disable camera widget on lockscreen
- Full customizable low battery warning
- Wake up on charge
- Volume rocker wake
- Volume rocker music control
- CRT animation the new way with new animation as well
- Fully customizable auto brightness
- Display rotation options (0, 90, 180, 270)
- Fully customizable volume panel
- Power connectivity alert
- Less frequent notification sounds
- Ascending ringtone
- Control safe headset warning
- Mute Camera shutter sound
- Quiet hours new extended version
- Mute Volume adjust sound
- Fully global menu customization
- Fully revamped navigation bar and navigation ring customizations
- Statusbar brightness control
- Full Clock and date customization on status bar
- Battery icons
- Quick settings style options
- Quick pulldown for quick settings
- Easy full swipe access between notification drawer and quicksettings
- Wifi access point is shown in notification drawer
- Hide carrier label on notification drawer
- Notification drawer shortcuts
- Notification transparency
- Notification drawer and quicksettings background as well with tablet support
- Fully customizable quick settings the new way with new included music tiles and features
- Battery tile new click/longpress behaviour
- Allow to disable QuickSettings completly
- Option in Dev Set to customize the device hostname
- SystemUI – double tap to sleep gesture
- IPV6 tethering support
- Allow applications to override power key
- DeskClock – back flip and shake actions
- Navigation bar
- Global menu – Expanded desktop
- Wakeup Options
- Enable/Disable Root
- Es File Explorer
- www.NeatROM.com as default home page for browser
- NeatROM Bootanimation v4
- Enabled HD Voice
- Init.d Support
There are tons of useful articles and how-to guides on Team Android for the Samsung Galaxy S3, but we think you might be interested in the following posts:
- Install ClockworkMod Recovery: How to Install ClockworkMod Touch Recovery 22.214.171.124 on Galaxy S3 I9300.
- Google Apps (Gapps): Latest Google Apps for this ROM!
Like this NeatROM ROM based on the latest Android 4.4.2? We love it too and we know you are looking forward to install it on your phone now. Now please read below for important tips on how to make sure your installation goes smooth and you do not end up with any problems.
Samsung Galaxy S3 USB Drivers
You will need to connect your Android phone with the computer. For that, please make sure you have installed the USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S3 properly. If not, you can download the latest official drivers from our Android USB Drivers section here:
Backup and Other Important Tips
Done with the USB drivers? Perfect. The tutorial is on the next page, but first, please take a look at the following tips and important points you need to take care of. These are important, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps:
Always backup your important data that you might need after you install a new custom ROM, an official software update or anything else. Make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below for some tips on how to backup data:
- Backup your Apps. How? –> How to Backup Android Apps.
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings. How? Note down everything from: Settings > Wireless & Networks (More…) > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
Samsung users can also back up data using Samsung KIES. If you backup data manually, you get more options what to choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note backup data to HTC One X.
If you already have a custom recovery (ClockworkMod, TWRP etc.) installed on your phone, we strongly recommend a backup using that as it creates a complete image of your existing phone set up.
A few more optional tips that you should remember:
1. Having problems connecting your Android phone to the computer? You need to enable USB debugging mode. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging — for Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich and Jelly Bean.
2. Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. This might help you: How to Check Battery Percentage. Why? Because, if your phone goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods etc. — your phone might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?
4. Most of the tutorials and how-to guides on Team Android are for factory unlocked Android phones and tablets. We recommend NOT to try our guides if your phone is locked to a carrier, unless we have specified the carrier name or device model.
If you find the above tips useful and they were helpful to you, please consider giving us a +1 or LIKE to thank us!
All set and ready? Good. Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update Galaxy S3 I9300 to NeatROM Android 4.4.2 KitKat custom firmware.