How to Install Galaxy S4 Mini LTE I9195 ClockworkMod Recovery 6 – Complete Guide
ClockworkMod Recovery 6 (CWM 6) for the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini LTE I9195 can now be downloaded using a modified version of CWM recovery by PhilZ — one of the popular ClockworkMod mods. PhilZ Touch Recovery is a CWM Advanced Edition that adds all the features you could ever miss in ClockworkMod. It also adds a full touch interface with a completely configurable GUI. We covered this same recovery for Galaxy S4 LTE I9505 as well. You can install ClockworkMod Recovery 6 on Galaxy S4 Mini LTE I9195 with Android 4.3 Jelly Bean official firmware using the tutorial below. Please note, this tutorial is NOT firmware dependent, so it will work with future Android updates as well — using this recovery, you can install Android 4.4 KitKat custom ROM!
As you continue reading further, we will guide you through the entire process of how to update Galaxy S4 Mini LTE I9195 with ClockworkMod Recovery 6, using ODIN – the flashing tool for Samsung devices. A custom recovery like ClockworkMod allows you to install custom ROMs, root Galaxy S4 Mini LTE I9195, create Nandroid backups or restore your phone and most of all, you can easily install additional system tweaks as well. Make sure you backup all your data before trying out this tutorial below because we don’t want you to lose any data, and anything could go wrong unexpectedly. The following tips are important as they will help the installation procedure to go smooth without any issues. Let’s continue with the tutorial now.
Disclaimer: All the custom ROMs and firmwares, official software updates, tools, mods or anything mentioned in the tutorial belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
ClockworkMod Recovery 6 on Galaxy S4 Mini LTE I9195:
This CWM Recovery will allow you to install custom ROMs, advanced options like formatting the system partition, making backups etc. The entire tutorial has been given on the next page for those who want to install this CWM Recovery on their phones.
Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini has a huge list of custom ROMs, because of its popularity and most of them are installed using CWM. Of course, you can always enjoy the added benefits of a custom recovery with ClockworkMod 6. Soon after this, we will be posting several Android 4.4 custom ROMs for this phone.
Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini USB Drivers
You will need to connect your Android phone with the computer. For that, please make sure you have installed the USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini properly. If not, you can download the latest official drivers from our Android USB Drivers section here:
Backup and Other Important Tips
Done with the USB drivers? Perfect. The tutorial is on the next page, but first, please take a look at the following tips and important points you need to take care of. These are important, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps:
Always backup your important data that you might need after you install a new custom ROM, an official software update or anything else. Make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below for some tips on how to backup data:
- Backup your Apps. How? –> How to Backup Android Apps.
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings. How? Note down everything from: Settings > Wireless & Networks (More…) > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
Samsung users can also back up data using Samsung KIES. If you backup data manually, you get more options what to choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note backup data to HTC One X.
If you already have a custom recovery (ClockworkMod, TWRP etc.) installed on your phone, we strongly recommend a backup using that as it creates a complete image of your existing phone set up.
A few more optional tips that you should remember:
1. Having problems connecting your Android phone to the computer? You need to enable USB debugging mode. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging — for Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich and Jelly Bean.
2. Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. This might help you: How to Check Battery Percentage. Why? Because, if your phone goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods etc. — your phone might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?
4. Most of the tutorials and how-to guides on Team Android are for factory unlocked Android phones and tablets. We recommend NOT to try our guides if your phone is locked to a carrier, unless we have specified the carrier name or device model.
If you find the above tips useful and they were helpful to you, please consider giving us a +1 or LIKE to thank us!
All set and ready? Good. Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini LTE I9195 with ClockworkMod Recovery 6.