Update Galaxy S3 I9300 to XXUFME3 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Official Test Firmware
XXUFME3 Android 4.2.2 firmware for the Galaxy S3 is now available for download! Please note, this is an official test firmware that has been leaked online by SamMobile. Android 4.2.2 firmware for the Galaxy S3 is still under development and will be released soon by Samsung. XXUFME3 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean is very similar to what Samsung released on the Galaxy S4 – several new features and a brand new TouchWiz UI as well. I9300XXUFME3 firmware is an official test firmware by Samsung so it doesn’t require a custom recovery like CWM. You can easily update Galaxy S3 I9300 to XXUFME3 Android 4.2.2 official firmware and also root this firmware!
As you continue reading below, we will guide you how to install XXUFME3 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on Galaxy S3 I9300 using ODIN, tell you how to backup your important data and have given some other important tips. Don’t forget to backup all your apps and personal data as a precaution. Wr don’t want anyone losing their data due to any issues. This firmware is completely unbranded, which means it can be installed on any international Galaxy S3 I9300 phone. We know you want to give it a try. Proceed below for the complete guide on how to install. Let’s continue with the tutorial now.
Disclaimer: All the custom ROMs and firmwares, official software updates, tools, mods or anything mentioned in the tutorial belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial
Android 4.2.2 XXUFME3 Firmware Details:
Android Version: 4.2.2 – JDQ39 (Jelly Bean)
Region: Middle East
Build Date: 8 May 2013
Previous Jelly Bean official firmware tutorials for Galaxy S III:
- How to Update Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 to XXEMD2 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean.
- How to Update Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 to XXEMC2 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean.
- How to Update Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 to XXEMB5 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean.
- How to Update Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 to XXEMB2 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean.
Galaxy S3 Android 4.2.2 Firmware New Features:
- Android 4.2.2 – Build ID: JDQ39
- New S4 Lockscreen: Multiple Widgets, two Unlock effects (Ripple and Light), improved ripple effect than Android 4.1.2, ability to change clock size and set a personal message
- New Screen modes (From S4): Adapt Display and Professional Photo
- Driving mode
- Actionable notifications
- New Additions in Notification Center
- Completely revamped Settings UI (Tabbed interface – Exactly like the S4)
- Addition of Voice controls (Let’s you control various parts of the phone using voice commands – Galaxy S4 feature)
- Gallery modes have white background (When changing gallery modes to 3D the background changes to white)
- Full screen Samsung apps
- New S-Voice (from S4)
- New smart switch widget
Samsung Galaxy S3 USB Drivers
You will need to connect your Android phone with the computer. For that, please make sure you have installed the USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S3 properly. If not, you can download the latest official drivers from our Android USB Drivers section here:
Backup and Other Important Tips
Done with the USB drivers? Perfect. The tutorial is on the next page, but first, please take a look at the following tips and important points you need to take care of. These are important, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps:
Always backup your important data that you might need after you install a new custom ROM, an official software update or anything else. Make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below for some tips on how to backup data:
- Backup your Apps. How? –> How to Backup Android Apps.
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings. How? Note down everything from: Settings > Wireless & Networks (More…) > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
Samsung users can also back up data using Samsung KIES. If you backup data manually, you get more options what to choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note backup data to HTC One X.
If you already have a custom recovery (ClockworkMod, TWRP etc.) installed on your phone, we strongly recommend a backup using that as it creates a complete image of your existing phone set up.
A few more optional tips that you should remember:
1. Having problems connecting your Android phone to the computer? You need to enable USB debugging mode. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging — for Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich and Jelly Bean.
2. Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. This might help you: How to Check Battery Percentage. Why? Because, if your phone goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods etc. — your phone might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?
4. Most of the tutorials and how-to guides on Team Android are for factory unlocked Android phones and tablets. We recommend NOT to try our guides if your phone is locked to a carrier, unless we have specified the carrier name or device model.
If you find the above tips useful and they were helpful to you, please consider giving us a +1 or LIKE to thank us!
All set and ready? Good. You can now head over to the next page and update Galaxy S3 I9300 to Android 4.2.2 XXUFME3 official firmware update.