Root XWLSS Android 4.1.2 Firmware on Galaxy S2 I9100 Jelly Bean Official Update
Since most of you would have already installed the new Galaxy S2 I9100 firmware update, here is a complete guide on how to root XWLSS Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean official firmware. Why should you root? Read: Benefits of rooting an Android device. The tutorial to root XWLSS Android 4.1.2 (I9100XWLSS) will also install the latest ClockworkMod recovery on your phone which would allow you to install Android 4.2.2 custom ROMs and other mods. You can now easily root Galaxy S2 I9100 on XWLSS Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean using the tutorial given below. We will be using Siyah Kernel to root this firmware.
As you continue reading below, we will guide you through the entire process of how to root XWLSS Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean on Galaxy S2 I9100 using ODIN. Read our list of the essential root apps available as you will need them after you root your phone! If you know even better root apps, feel free to add them in the comments below. Please make sure you backup all your apps and personal data as a precaution before proceeding to the installation instructions. Go to Settings > About phone to verify what Android 4.1.2 build you have. The following tips are important as they will help the rooting procedure to go smooth without any issues. Let’s continue with the tutorial below.
Disclaimer: All the custom ROMs and firmwares, official software updates, tools, mods or anything mentioned in the tutorial belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
Root XWLSS Android 4.1.2 Firmware Method Details:
You can use Siyah Kernel for rooting your Galaxy S2 I9100 on XWLSS Android 4.1.2 firmware update. This firmware will also automatically install ClockworkMod recovery on your phone. All you have to do is flash the kernel zip file on your phone with ODIN, and that’s it! Please make sure your Galaxy S2 I9100 is already on this latest Android 4.1.2 build XWLSS firmware. Go to Settings > About phone and verify what software build number do you have.
If you wonder why you should root Galaxy S2 I9100 or any other Android phone? Read: Benefits of Rooting Your Android Device.
Install XWLSS Android 4.1.2: How to Update Galaxy S2 I9100 with XWLSS Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Firmware.
Samsung Galaxy S2 USB Drivers
You will need to connect your Android phone with the computer. For that, please make sure you have installed the USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S II properly. If not, you can download the latest official drivers from our Android USB Drivers section here:
Backup and Other Important Tips
Done with the USB drivers? Perfect. The tutorial is on the next page, but first, please take a look at the following tips and important points you need to take care of. These are important, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps:
Always backup your important data that you might need after you install a new custom ROM, an official software update or anything else. Make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below for some tips on how to backup data:
- Backup your Apps. How? –> How to Backup Android Apps.
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings. How? Note down everything from: Settings > Wireless & Networks (More…) > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
Samsung users can also back up data using Samsung KIES. If you backup data manually, you get more options what to choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note backup data to HTC One X.
If you already have a custom recovery (ClockworkMod, TWRP etc.) installed on your phone, we strongly recommend a backup using that as it creates a complete image of your existing phone set up.
A few more optional tips that you should remember:
1. Having problems connecting your Android phone to the computer? You need to enable USB debugging mode. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging — for Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich and Jelly Bean.
2. Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. This might help you: How to Check Battery Percentage. Why? Because, if your phone goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods etc. — your phone might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?
4. Most of the tutorials and how-to guides on Team Android are for factory unlocked Android phones and tablets. We recommend NOT to try our guides if your phone is locked to a carrier, unless we have specified the carrier name or device model.
If you find the above tips useful and they were helpful to you, please consider giving us a +1 or LIKE to thank us!
All set and ready? Good. Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial below and root Galaxy S2 I9100 on XWLSS Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware.
How to Root XWLSS Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean on Galaxy S2 I9100
We have put together a detailed step-by-step instructions guide on how to update Samsung Galaxy S II on XWLSS Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean with full root access. If you are used to installing official updates through ODIN on Samsung Galaxy devices, then this should not be any different for you.
Please read every line carefully and make sure you read the entire tutorial once before actually performing it on your phone.
- This XWLSS Android 4.1.2 root tutorial is only for Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100. Please don’t try this on any other variants of the phone.
- Make sure your phone is on XWLSS Android 4.1.2 software version.
- Make sure you backup all your data in your phone before proceeding.
Complete Step-By-Step Instructions:
Step 1 – Download Root Kernel I9100XWLSS for Galaxy S2 to your computer.
Step 2 – Download ODIN v1.85 which will help you to root Android 4.1.2 on Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100.
Step 3 – Switch OFF your phone. Now go to Download Mode. How? Press and hold the Volume Down + Home buttons together, and then press the Power button till you see the construction Android robot and a triangle. Press Power again to confirm to enter into Download Mode.
Step 4 – Make sure you have your Galaxy S2 USB drivers installed on your computer.
Step 5 – Open ODIN on your computer. Connect your phone to your computer while your phone is in the Download Mode.
Step 6 – If your phone is connected successfully, one of the ID:COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number. This step might take some time.
Step 7 – Now select the files that you have to flash/install on your phone. This file is to be found from the downloaded file in Step 1.
- Click on ‘PDA’ and select the file ‘Siyah-s2-v6.0b4.tar‘.
Step 8 – In ODIN, check the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options.
Step 9 – Now click on the Start button in ODIN. Installation process will start and would take a few minutes to complete.
Step 10 – After the installation is completed, your phone will restart. After you see the home screen, unplug your phone from the computer.
That’s it. Your Samsung Galaxy S II has now been rooted on Android 4.1.2 build XWLSS software update. Check for the Superuser app in your apps list to verify.
To make sure you have correctly installed the above root method and it’s working, verify with Root Checker as given in the link.
Hit +1 or LIKE to thank us!
If you run into any problems, feel free to drop us a comment below and we will reply you back ASAP with the fix or the solution to your problem.