LG Nitro HD P930 users can now enjoy Android 4.2.2 with CM10.1 M3 ROM, that brings the latest most Jelly Bean update to your phone, directly from the Android Open Source Project (AOSP). CM10.1 M3 has always had a lot more features than other ROMs and is very stable and can be used as your daily driver. We have previously covered AOKP ROM builds for the LG Nitro HD / Optimus LTE, but here is CM10.1 for your phone now. You can install CM10.1 M3 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on AT&T Nitro HD P930 using our tutorial below.
In this tutorial, we will guide you how to update AT&T LG Nitro HD P930 to CM10.1 M3 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM with complete steps. Don’t forget to read all the important tips given below that you have to keep in mind before proceeding to the tutorial on the next page. Make sure you also backup all your data as given since you will have to wipe everything on your phone. The following tips are important as they will help the installation procedure to go smooth without any issues. Let’s continue with the tutorial below.
Disclaimer: All the custom ROMs and firmwares, official software updates, tools, mods or anything mentioned in the tutorial belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
CM10.1 M3 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM Details:
NOTE: Since this is a nightly build, make sure you know that after installing this firmware update, your Android device can get FC errors, boot loops, several other bugs, apps might not work or worse, your phone might not boot. To fix, you will have to reinstall stock firmware or any other stable custom ROM.
LG Nitro HD USB Drivers
You will need to connect your Android phone with the computer. For that, please make sure you have installed the USB drivers for LG Nitro HD properly. If not, you can download the latest official drivers from our Android USB Drivers section here:
Backup and Other Important Tips
Done with the USB drivers? Perfect. The tutorial is on the next page, but first, please take a look at the following tips and important points you need to take care of. These are important, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps:
Always backup your important data that you might need after you install a new custom ROM, an official software update or anything else. Make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below for some tips on how to backup data:
- Backup your Apps. How? –> How to Backup Android Apps.
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings. How? Note down everything from: Settings > Wireless & Networks (More…) > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
If you already have a custom recovery (ClockworkMod, TWRP etc.) installed on your phone, we strongly recommend a backup using that as it creates a complete image of your existing phone set up.
A few more optional tips that you should remember:
1. Having problems connecting your Android phone to the computer? You need to enable USB debugging mode. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging — for Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich and Jelly Bean.
2. Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. This might help you: How to Check Battery Percentage. Why? Because, if your phone goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods etc. — your phone might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?
4. Most of the tutorials and how-to guides on Team Android are for factory unlocked Android phones and tablets. We recommend NOT to try our guides if your phone is locked to a carrier, unless we have specified the carrier name or device model.
If you find the above tips useful and they were helpful to you, please consider giving us a +1 or LIKE to thank us!
All set and ready? Good. You can now head over to the next page and install CM10.1 M3 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on your LG Nitro HD P930.