Install ClockworkMod Recovery 18.104.22.168 on Galaxy S4 I9500 – How To Tutorial
You can easily install ClockworkMod Recovery 22.214.171.124 on the Galaxy S4 I9500 with our new and updated tutorial. This build of CWM Recovery 6 has been released by Faryaab so you can install using ODIN on your phone. A custom recovery like ClockworkMod allows you to install custom ROMs, root Galaxy S4 I9500, create Nandroid backups or restore your phone and most of all, you can easily install additional system tweaks as well. You can install ClockworkMod Recovery 126.96.36.199 on Galaxy S4 I9500 with Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean official firmware using the tutorial below. Please note, this tutorial is NOT firmware dependent, so it will work with future Android updates as well — including the latest Android 4.3 Jelly Bean firmware!
As you continue reading further, we will guide you through the entire process of how to update Galaxy S4 I9500 with ClockworkMod Recovery 188.8.131.52, using ODIN – the flashing tool for Samsung devices. Make sure you backup all your data before trying out this tutorial below because we don’t want you to lose any data, and anything could go wrong unexpectedly. The following tips are important as they will help the installation procedure to go smooth without any issues. Let’s continue with the tutorial now.
Disclaimer: All the custom ROMs and firmwares, official software updates, tools, mods or anything mentioned in the tutorial belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
ClockworkMod Recovery 184.108.40.206 on Galaxy S4 I9500:
This CWM Recovery will allow you to install custom ROMs, advanced options like formatting the system partition, making backups etc. The entire tutorial has been given on the next page for those who want to install this CWM Recovery on their phones.
Samsung Galaxy S4 has a huge list of custom ROMs, because of its popularity and most of them are installed using CWM. Of course, you can always enjoy the added benefits of a custom recovery with ClockworkMod 6.
TWRP RECOVERY: In case you want to install TWRP Recovery on your phone, read the tutorial here!
You might be interested in the following article as well:
- How to Root Galaxy S4 I9500 on Android 4.3 Official Firmware.
- How to Install Stock Recovery on Galaxy S4 I9500 – Complete Guide.
Samsung Galaxy S4 USB Drivers
You will need to connect your Android phone with the computer. For that, please make sure you have installed the USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S4 properly. If not, you can download the latest official drivers from our Android USB Drivers section here:
Backup and Other Important Tips
Done with the USB drivers? Perfect. The tutorial is on the next page, but first, please take a look at the following tips and important points you need to take care of. These are important, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps:
Always backup your important data that you might need after you install a new custom ROM, an official software update or anything else. Make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below for some tips on how to backup data:
- Backup your Apps. How? –> How to Backup Android Apps.
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings. How? Note down everything from: Settings > Wireless & Networks (More…) > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
Samsung users can also back up data using Samsung KIES. If you backup data manually, you get more options what to choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note backup data to HTC One X.
If you already have a custom recovery (ClockworkMod, TWRP etc.) installed on your phone, we strongly recommend a backup using that as it creates a complete image of your existing phone set up.
A few more optional tips that you should remember:
1. Having problems connecting your Android phone to the computer? You need to enable USB debugging mode. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging — for Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich and Jelly Bean.
2. Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. This might help you: How to Check Battery Percentage. Why? Because, if your phone goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods etc. — your phone might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?
4. Most of the tutorials and how-to guides on Team Android are for factory unlocked Android phones and tablets. We recommend NOT to try our guides if your phone is locked to a carrier, unless we have specified the carrier name or device model.
If you find the above tips useful and they were helpful to you, please consider giving us a +1 or LIKE to thank us!
All set and ready? Good. Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial below and update Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500 with ClockworkMod Recovery 220.127.116.11.
HOW TO: Install ClockworkMod Recovery 18.104.22.168 on Galaxy S4 I9500
We have put together a detailed step-by-step instructions guide for how to install CWM custom recovery on Galaxy S4 I9500. If you are used to installing official updates through ODIN on Samsung Galaxy devices, then this should not be any different for you.
Please read every line carefully and make sure you read the tutorial once before actually performing it on your Android device.
- This recovery installation tutorial is only for Galaxy S4 I9500. Please do not try on any other Galaxy S4 variants.
- Make sure you backup all your data in your phone before proceeding as a precaution.
- This CWM Recovery tutorial works with Android 4.2.2, Android 4.3 and all future Android updates as well.
- For best performance, always stay on the latest firmware update.
- Hit +1 or LIKE to thank us!
Complete Step-By-Step Instructions:
Step 1 – Download ClockworkMod Recovery 22.214.171.124 for Samsung Galaxy S4 to your computer and extract this file anywhere in your computer.
Step 2 – Download ODIN v1.85 which will help you to install CWM Recovery on Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500.
Step 3 – Switch OFF your phone. Now go to Download Mode. How? Press and hold the Volume Down + Home buttons together, and then press the Power button till you see the construction Android robot and a triangle. Press Power again to confirm to enter into Download Mode.
Step 4 – Make sure you have your Samsung Galaxy S4 USB drivers installed on your computer.
Step 5 – Open ODIN on your computer. Connect your phone to your computer while your phone is in the Download Mode.
Step 6 – If your phone is connected successfully, one of the ID:COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number. This step might take some time.
Step 7 – Now select the following file that you have to flash/install on your phone. This file will be found from the extracted file in Step 1.
- Click on ‘PDA’ and select the file ‘recovery-clockwork-126.96.36.199-i9500.tar.md5‘.
Step 8 – In ODIN, check the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options, if not already.
Step 9 – Now click on the Start button in ODIN. Installation process will start and would take a few minutes to complete.
Step 10 – After the installation is completed, your phone will reboot into Recovery Mode automatically and install the root package / files. Your ID:COM box will also turn green.
Step 11 – After you see the home screen, unplug your phone from the computer.
That’s it! Your Samsung Galaxy S4 has now been flashed with ClockworkMod Recovery. To enter Recovery Mode, shut down phone and then hold down the Home + Volume Up buttons and press the Power button for about 5 seconds to enter Recovery Mode.
Hit +1 or LIKE to thank us!
Whenever you restart your phone, stock recovery keeps showing up? There is a fix for that. For details on how to make ClockworkMod Recovery permanent on your Android phone, head over to the next page.