How to Install Galaxy Note N7000 Sweet ROM Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Custom Firmware
Sweet ROM is a custom firmware available for the Galaxy Note N7000, based on UBLSF Android 4.1.2 official firmware that was released by Samsung a few days ago. It features 4 way reboot system with Xperia Launcher — for music lovers, this ROM includes Sony Walkman with latest visualizer, the latest Philz kernel for all your advance tasks, S Voice from the new Galaxy Note etc. Tons of features and optimizations throughout this ROM. If interested in Android 4.1.2 for other phones, check out our new Custom ROMs section. You can update Galaxy Note N7000 to Sweet ROM V6 UBLSF Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean custom firmware using the tutorial below. This is not an official release by Samsung, but just a custom ROM which would require a custom recovery like ClockworkMod in order to flash the ROM zip file on your phone.
In this tutorial, we will guide you through the process of how to install Sweet ROM V6 UBLSF Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean on Galaxy Note N7000 with complete steps. Please backup your data as this tutorial will wipe everything from your Galaxy Note using CWM recovery. We also have some more important tips given below that you have to keep in mind before proceeding to the tutorial on the next page. The following tips are important as they will help the installation procedure to go smooth without any issues. Let’s get to the tutorial now.
Disclaimer: All the custom ROMs and firmwares, official software updates, tools, mods or anything mentioned in the tutorial belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
Sweet ROM V6 UBLSF Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean ROM Details:
This amazing Sweet ROM V6 UBLSF custom ROM comes with tons of new features and is based on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean. A quick list of the main features in Sweet ROM V6 UBLSF is given below and we are sure you’d love to use this on your Galaxy Note N7000:
- based on UBLSF Firmware
- Kernel – Philz LSE 4.89.4
- Modem – LSO
- Deodexed & Zipaligned
- Full root
- SuperSU & Busybox
- System & preload apps left in same place as Samsung stock firmware
- 23 Toggles with more languages toggles (controlled in Sweet Rom Settings Add on)
- 4 way reboot
- Full Airview Gallery, Video, Lockscreen Notifications, Email & Message
- SNote with Idea Sketch (Sweet Sketch) & full airview (from SGN2)
- SPlanner with full air view (from SGN2)
- added S VOICE
- added S4, S3 & Note 2 Ringtones etc
- added S4 Wallpapers (modded SecWallpaperChooser.apk by me)
- added Flash Player & Dolphin Browser (do not update or you will lose Flash player)
- Call Record & No Ascending Ringtone
- Transparent Multi Window Add All Apps (by me)
- SMS Hacks – No SMS in Call log, SMS increased to 200 recipients, No SMS to MMS Auto Convert
- Smart Rotation & Smart Stay
- Walkman Player with Visualizer (latest)
- Added Noozxoide EIZO-rewire Audio Tweaks controlled in Sweet Rom Settings Add on
- Disabled Samsung Camera Shutter Sound
- Grey Status Bar Icons & circle percentage battery & 100% Transparent Status Bar
- Xperia Launcher
- more I can’t remember
There are tons of useful articles and how-to guides on Team Android for the Samsung Galaxy Note, but we think you might be interested in the following posts:
- Install Latest Android 4.1.2: How to Update Galaxy Note N7000 with XXLSZ Android Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Firmware.
- Root Galaxy Note N7000: Root XXLSZ Android 4.1.2 on Galaxy Note N7000 Jelly Bean Official Firmware.
- Android 4.2.2 Custom ROMs: For a complete collection of Galaxy Note N7000 custom ROMs, click here!
Like this Sweet ROM V6 UBLSF ROM based on the latest Android 4.1.2? We love it too and we know you are looking forward to install it on your phone now. Now please read below for important tips on how to make sure your installation goes smooth and you do not end up with any problems.
Samsung Galaxy Note USB Drivers
You will need to connect your Android phone with the computer. For that, please make sure you have installed the USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy Note properly. If not, you can download the latest official drivers from our Android USB Drivers section here:
Backup and Other Important Tips
Done with the USB drivers? Perfect. The tutorial is on the next page, but first, please take a look at the following tips and important points you need to take care of. These are important, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps:
Always backup your important data that you might need after you install a new custom ROM, an official software update or anything else. Make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below for some tips on how to backup data:
- Backup your Apps. How? –> How to Backup Android Apps.
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings. How? Note down everything from: Settings > Wireless & Networks (More…) > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
Samsung users can also back up data using Samsung KIES. If you backup data manually, you get more options what to choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note backup data to HTC One X.
If you already have a custom recovery (ClockworkMod, TWRP etc.) installed on your phone, we strongly recommend a backup using that as it creates a complete image of your existing phone set up.
A few more optional tips that you should remember:
1. Having problems connecting your Android phone to the computer? You need to enable USB debugging mode. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging — for Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich and Jelly Bean.
2. Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. This might help you: How to Check Battery Percentage. Why? Because, if your phone goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods etc. — your phone might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?
4. Most of the tutorials and how-to guides on Team Android are for factory unlocked Android phones and tablets. We recommend NOT to try our guides if your phone is locked to a carrier, unless we have specified the carrier name or device model.
If you find the above tips useful and they were helpful to you, please consider giving us a +1 or LIKE to thank us!
All set and ready? Good. Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update Galaxy Note N7000 to Sweet ROM V6 UBLSF Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean custom firmware.