SVHD ROM brings Android 4.0.4 ICS with Sense 4.1 for HTC Desire HD. Not many custom ROMs are available for this phone, but some of the ones that are available for download are really good and worth a try on your Desire HD phone. This is the smoothest, fastest and most stable custom ROM for HTC Desire HD that we have come across. This firmware also provides you some very cool features like USB OTG, fully working camera with HDR/panorama/burst mode support and a lot of customization options. If interested in Android 4.0.4 for other phones, check out our new Custom ROMs section. You can update Desire HD to SVHD ROM Android 4.0.4 ICS custom firmware using the tutorial below. This is not an official release by HTC, but just a custom ROM which would require a custom recovery like ClockworkMod in order to flash the ROM zip file on your phone. Make sure your HTC Desire HD bootloader is unlocked or you won’t be able to install custom ROMs.
As you continue reading, we will tell you how to install SVHD ROM Android 4.0.4 ICS custom ROM on HTC Desire HD. All the step-by-step instructions are given below, and we have also given a few extra tips that you have to keep in mind before proceeding. Make sure you backup all your existing data in the phone before proceeding as this tutorial will wipe out all your internal storage data. The following tips are important as they will help the installation procedure to go smooth without any issues. Let’s get to the tutorial now.
Disclaimer: All the custom ROMs and firmwares, official software updates, tools, mods or anything mentioned in the tutorial belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
SVHD ROM Android 4.0.4 ICS ROM Details:
This amazing SVHD ROM custom ROM comes with tons of new features and is based on Android 4.0.4 ICS. A quick list of the main features in SVHD ROM is given below and we are sure you’d love to use this on your Desire HD:
- Based On Lasted RUU of One SV and One S Vile C2
- Android 4.0.4
- Sense 4.1 Full
- First Sense 4.1 With USB OTG Support
- OTA Updater
- Fully Working Camera (HDR/Panaroma/Burst Mod)
- Sense 4+ Icons
- Pacha Kernel With S2W and OTG
- Rosie With Landscape Support and Unlock Animation as defualt
- Smooth and Stable
- Sense 5 Wallpapers
There are tons of useful articles and how-to guides on Team Android for the HTC Desire HD, but we think you might be interested in the following posts:
- Unlock Bootloader: How to Unlock Bootloader on HTC Desire HD.
Like this SVHD ROM ROM based on the latest Android 4.0.4? We love it too and we know you are looking forward to install it on your phone now. Now please read below for important tips on how to make sure your installation goes smooth and you do not end up with any problems.
HTC Desire HD USB Drivers
You will need to connect your Android phone with the computer. For that, please make sure you have installed the USB drivers for HTC Desire HD properly. If not, you can download the latest official drivers from our Android USB Drivers section here:
Backup and Other Important Tips
Done with the USB drivers? Perfect. The tutorial is on the next page, but first, please take a look at the following tips and important points you need to take care of. These are important, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps:
Always backup your important data that you might need after you install a new custom ROM, an official software update or anything else. Make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below for some tips on how to backup data:
- Backup your Apps. How? –> How to Backup Android Apps.
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings. How? Note down everything from: Settings > Wireless & Networks (More…) > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
Samsung users can also back up data using Samsung KIES. If you backup data manually, you get more options what to choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note backup data to HTC Desire HD.
If you already have a custom recovery (ClockworkMod, TWRP etc.) installed on your phone, we strongly recommend a backup using that as it creates a complete image of your existing phDesire HDet up.
A few more optional tips that you should remember:
1. Having problems connecting your Android phone to the computer? You need to enable USB debugging mode. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging — for Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich and Jelly Bean.
2. Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. This might help you: How to Check Battery Percentage. Why? Because, if your phone goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods etc. — your phone might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?
4. Most of the tutorials and how-to guides on Team Android are for factory unlocked Android phones and tablets. We recommend NOT to try our guides if your phone is locked to a carrier, unless we have specified the carrier name or device model.
If you find the above tips useful and they were helpful to you, please consider giving us a +1 or LIKE to thank us!
All set and ready? Good. Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update Desire HD to SVHD ROM Android 4.0.4 ICS custom firmware.