Update Xperia T LT30p to Android 4.1.2 Xperia Curiosity Jelly Bean Custom Firmware
Xperia Curiosity custom ROM is now available for the Sony Xperia T LT30p which is based on the new Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware with all the features. This ROM is very stable and offers a nice set of features and customization options for your Xperia T. Battery life has been imporved nad most of the bloatware has been excluded in this custom firmware. You can now install Android 4.1.2 Xperia Curiosity on Xperia T LT30p as a custom firmware using the tutorial given below. ClockworkMod recovery and unlocked bootloader is required to install this ROM on your Xperia T.
In this tutorial, we will tell you how to update Xperia T LT30p to Android 4.1.2 Xperia Curiosity Jelly Bean custom firmware with complete steps and instructions. Make sure you backup all your data as given below, because you will have to wipe all your data during the installation procedure. Don’t forget to read all the important tips given below. Let’s get on with the tutorial now.
Disclaimer: All the custom ROMs and firmwares, official software updates, tools, mods or anything mentioned in the tutorial belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial
Android 4.1.2 Xperia Curiosity Jelly Bean ROM Details:
Here are the main features of this Xperia T custom ROM – Xperia Curiosity based on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean:
- Based on latest Sony stock firmware.
- Removed plenty of secundary applications, themes, customizations, services, bloatware.
- Totally depersonalized.
- Ultra-Lite ROM: only about 290 MB.
- Very clean after installation.
- 18 Toggles statusbar integrated, with completeSpanish language.
- Reduced size onscreen navigation buttons.
- Screen wakeup with volume keys.
- Mobile BRAVIA® Engine 2 integrated.
- Latest Flash Player running.
- 25 steps available in volume levels, and raised sound limit level.
- Clean circle battery % MOD.
- Ads-filter included to avoid some advertising, and save time, battery and data traffic.
- Complete list of APNs already integrated.
- Small tweaks and improvements added.
Sony Xperia T USB Drivers
You will need to connect your Android phone with the computer. For that, please make sure you have installed the USB drivers for Sony Xperia T properly. If not, you can download the latest official drivers from our Android USB Drivers section here:
Backup and Other Important Tips
Done with the USB drivers? Perfect. The tutorial is on the next page, but first, please take a look at the following tips and important points you need to take care of. These are important, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps:
Always backup your important data that you might need after you install a new custom ROM, an official software update or anything else. Make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below for some tips on how to backup data:
- Backup your Apps. How? –> How to Backup Android Apps.
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings. How? Note down everything from: Settings > Wireless & Networks (More…) > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
Samsung users can also back up data using Samsung KIES. If you backup data manually, you get more options what to choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note backup data to HTC One X.
If you already have a custom recovery (ClockworkMod, TWRP etc.) installed on your phone, we strongly recommend a backup using that as it creates a complete image of your existing phone set up.
A few more optional tips that you should remember:
1. Having problems connecting your Android phone to the computer? You need to enable USB debugging mode. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging — for Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich and Jelly Bean.
2. Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. This might help you: How to Check Battery Percentage. Why? Because, if your phone goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods etc. — your phone might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?
4. Most of the tutorials and how-to guides on Team Android are for factory unlocked Android phones and tablets. We recommend NOT to try our guides if your phone is locked to a carrier, unless we have specified the carrier name or device model.
If you find the above tips useful and they were helpful to you, please consider giving us a +1 or LIKE to thank us!
All set and ready? Good. Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update Xperia T LT30p to Android 4.1.2 Xperia Curiosity Jelly Bean custom ROM.