Another official firmware has been released, XWLSJ Android 4.1.2, for the Galaxy S2 I9100 XWLSJ. No new features have been added, just a minor bug fix software update, but we always recommend everyone to keep your phones up-to-date. For those interested, XWLSJ Android 4.1.2 can be downloaded from Samsung KIES or follow our method in the guide below for manual installation. I9100XWLSJ is the current software update that brings the latest Jelly Bean firmware for your Galaxy S2. You can easily install XWLSJ Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean on Galaxy S2 I9100 using the tutorial given below — and also root this firmware! This is not a modified or a custom ROM. It is an official firmware by Samsung that does not even require a custom recovery like ClockworkMod in order to flash the ROM zip file on your phone.
As you read further, we will guide you how to backup your important data, some other important tips and then tell you how to update Galaxy S2 I9100 to XWLSJ Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean using ODIN. A backup of your phone is highly recommended as you never know when something might go wrong. Also don’t forget to read all our important tips given below. This Android 4.1.2 firmware is a completely unbranded firmware and can be installed on any international version of the Galaxy S2 I9100. The following tips are important as they will help the installation procedure to go smooth without any issues. Let’s continue with the tutorial below.
Disclaimer: All the custom ROMs and firmwares, official software updates, tools, mods or anything mentioned in the tutorial belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
Android 4.1.2 XWLSJ Firmware Details:
If you wonder why you should root Galaxy S2 I9100 or any other Android phone? Read: Benefits of Rooting Your Android Device.
ROOT TUTORIAL: If you want to root your Galaxy S2 I9100 on this latest Jelly Bean firmware, read this: How to Root XWLSJ Android 4.1.2 on Galaxy S2 I9100 Official Firmware.
Previous official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware updates for Galaxy S2 I9100:
- Update Galaxy S2 I9100 to UHMS9 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Official Firmware.
- Update Galaxy S2 I9100 to UHMS8 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Official Firmware.
- Update Galaxy S2 I9100 to XWLSE Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Official Firmware.
Android 4.1.2 for Galaxy S2 I9100 – New Features:
Here is a list of all the new features that this ROM comes with:
- Buttery Smooth Performance & Great Stability (Thanks to Project Butter)
- Full User Interface Revamp (Same UI as of the Galaxy S III and Galaxy Note II)
- TouchWiz Nature UX
- Samsung’s S Cloud services
- New Lockscreen With Many Customization Options
- New Features like Direct Call, Smart Stay and Pop-up Play
- New Widgets (From Galaxy S III)
- Free 50GB Dropbox Storage
- 2 Home screen modes
- New Notification bar With More Notification Toggles
- Google Now
Samsung Galaxy S2 USB Drivers
You will need to connect your Android phone with the computer. For that, please make sure you have installed the USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S II properly. If not, you can download the latest official drivers from our Android USB Drivers section here:
Backup and Other Important Tips
Done with the USB drivers? Perfect. The tutorial is on the next page, but first, please take a look at the following tips and important points you need to take care of. These are important, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps:
Always backup your important data that you might need after you install a new custom ROM, an official software update or anything else. Make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below for some tips on how to backup data:
- Backup your Apps. How? –> How to Backup Android Apps.
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings. How? Note down everything from: Settings > Wireless & Networks (More…) > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
Samsung users can also back up data using Samsung KIES. If you backup data manually, you get more options what to choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note backup data to HTC One X.
If you already have a custom recovery (ClockworkMod, TWRP etc.) installed on your phone, we strongly recommend a backup using that as it creates a complete image of your existing phone set up.
A few more optional tips that you should remember:
1. Having problems connecting your Android phone to the computer? You need to enable USB debugging mode. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging — for Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich and Jelly Bean.
2. Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. This might help you: How to Check Battery Percentage. Why? Because, if your phone goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods etc. — your phone might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?
4. Most of the tutorials and how-to guides on Team Android are for factory unlocked Android phones and tablets. We recommend NOT to try our guides if your phone is locked to a carrier, unless we have specified the carrier name or device model.
If you find the above tips useful and they were helpful to you, please consider giving us a +1 or LIKE to thank us!
All set and ready? Good. You can now head over to the next page and update Galaxy S2 I9100 to XWLSJ Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean official stock firmware.