How to Install Motorola Droid RAZR XT912 AOKP Android 4.2.2 Build 5 Jelly Bean Custom ROM
Time to update your Motorola Droid RAZR XT912 with the latest AOKP Android 4.2.2 custom ROM that is now available. The latest Jelly Bean firmware can be easily installed on Droid RAZR (Verizon) without having to wait for the official firmware to get released since Motorola has no plans to actually release new Android updates for this phone. This is not an official release by Motorola, but just a custom ROM which would require a custom recovery like ClockworkMod in order to flash the ROM zip file on your phone. You can now update Motorola Droid RAZR XT912 to AOKP Android 4.2.2 Build 5 Jelly Bean using our easy tutorial below.
As you continue reading this tutorial, we will tell you how to install AOKP Android 4.2.2 Build 5 Jelly Bean on Motorola Droid RAZR XT912 with complete steps and instructions. We also have given some important tips below that you have to keep in mind before proceeding to the tutorial on the next page. Backup all your personal settings, data and apps because you never know when something might go wrong on your phone during the process. The following tips are important as they will help the installation procedure to go smooth without any issues. Let’s proceed with the tutorial now.
Disclaimer: All the custom ROMs and firmwares, official software updates, tools, mods or anything mentioned in the tutorial belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
AOKP Android 4.2.2 Build 5 Jelly Bean Firmware Details:
AOKP Build 5 release of the custom ROM has brought support for Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on a number of new Android devices along with some new features as well. Here is a quick list of new features added in the latest Build 5 firmware from Android Open Kang Project (AOKP):
- Traditional toggles instead of Tiles (optional)
- New Navigation Ring configuration menu
- S Pen support for Note IIs
- Quiet Hours toggle
Remember, this is not an official firmware update. This is a custom ROM, based on AOSP release of the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean.
Motorola Droid RAZR USB Drivers
You will need to connect your Android phone with the computer. For that, please make sure you have installed the USB drivers for Motorola Droid RAZR properly. If not, you can download the latest official drivers from our Android USB Drivers section here:
Backup and Other Important Tips
Done with the USB drivers? Perfect. The tutorial is on the next page, but first, please take a look at the following tips and important points you need to take care of. These are important, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps:
Always backup your important data that you might need after you install a new custom ROM, an official software update or anything else. Make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below for some tips on how to backup data:
- Backup your Apps. How? –> How to Backup Android Apps.
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings. How? Note down everything from: Settings > Wireless & Networks (More…) > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
Samsung users can also back up data using Samsung KIES. If you backup data manually, you get more options what to choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note backup data to HTC One X.
If you already have a custom recovery (ClockworkMod, TWRP etc.) installed on your phone, we strongly recommend a backup using that as it creates a complete image of your existing phone set up.
A few more optional tips that you should remember:
1. Having problems connecting your Android phone to the computer? You need to enable USB debugging mode. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging — for Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich and Jelly Bean.
2. Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. This might help you: How to Check Battery Percentage. Why? Because, if your phone goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods etc. — your phone might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?
4. Most of the tutorials and how-to guides on Team Android are for factory unlocked Android phones and tablets. We recommend NOT to try our guides if your phone is locked to a carrier, unless we have specified the carrier name or device model.
If you find the above tips useful and they were helpful to you, please consider giving us a +1 or LIKE to thank us!
All set and ready? Good. Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial below and update Droid RAZR XT912 on AOKP Android 4.2.2 Build 5 Jelly Bean firmware.