Install LG Spectrum VS920 Android 4.2.2 AOKP Build 5 Jelly Bean Custom ROM
LG Spectrum VS920 has received Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean as an AOKP custom ROM in their latest Build 5 release. Several new Android devices have been introduced to AOKP with their new Build 5 ROM update. Verizon has always been slow with updates, but you can now get Android 4.2.2 on your Spectrum VS920 with this custom firmware. There might be some bugs in this ROM, but still recommend you to give it a try and experience what Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean has in store for you. You can install Android 4.2.2 AOKP Build 5 Jelly Bean on Verizon Spectrum VS920 using our tutorial below.
In this tutorial, we will guide you how to update Verizon LG Spectrum VS920 to Android 4.2.2 AOKP Build 5 Jelly Bean ROM with complete steps. Don’t forget to read all the important tips given below that you have to keep in mind before proceeding to the tutorial on the next page. Make sure you also backup all your data as given since you will have to wipe everything on your phone. The following tips are important as they will help the installation procedure to go smooth without any issues. Let’s continue with the tutorial below.
Disclaimer: All the custom ROMs and firmwares, official software updates, tools, mods or anything mentioned in the tutorial belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial
Android 4.2.2 AOKP Build 5 Jelly Bean ROM Details:
AOKP Build 5 release of the custom ROM has brought support for Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on a number of new Android devices along with some new features as well. Here is a quick list of new features added in the latest Build 5 firmware from Android Open Kang Project (AOKP):
- Traditional toggles instead of Tiles (optional)
- New Navigation Ring configuration menu
- S Pen support for Note IIs
- Quiet Hours toggle
UPDATE: CM10.1 Milestone 3 ROM is now available for this phone. Read the tutorial here!
LG Spectrum USB Drivers
You will need to connect your Android phone with the computer. For that, please make sure you have installed the USB drivers for LG Spectrum properly. If not, you can download the latest official drivers from our Android USB Drivers section here:
Backup and Other Important Tips
Done with the USB drivers? Perfect. The tutorial is on the next page, but first, please take a look at the following tips and important points you need to take care of. These are important, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps:
Always backup your important data that you might need after you install a new custom ROM, an official software update or anything else. Make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below for some tips on how to backup data:
- Backup your Apps. How? –> How to Backup Android Apps.
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings. How? Note down everything from: Settings > Wireless & Networks (More…) > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
If you already have a custom recovery (ClockworkMod, TWRP etc.) installed on your phone, we strongly recommend a backup using that as it creates a complete image of your existing phone set up.
A few more optional tips that you should remember:
1. Having problems connecting your Android phone to the computer? You need to enable USB debugging mode. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging — for Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich and Jelly Bean.
2. Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. This might help you: How to Check Battery Percentage. Why? Because, if your phone goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods etc. — your phone might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?
4. Most of the tutorials and how-to guides on Team Android are for factory unlocked Android phones and tablets. We recommend NOT to try our guides if your phone is locked to a carrier, unless we have specified the carrier name or device model.
If you find the above tips useful and they were helpful to you, please consider giving us a +1 or LIKE to thank us!
All set and ready? Good. You can now head over to the next page and install Android 4.2.2 AOKP Build 5 Jelly Bean on your LG Spectrum VS920.