CarbonROM is an Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean based custom ROM for the Galaxy Note 2 N7100 Android phone. It is built directly from the AOSP sources and comes with the stock Android 4.2.2 interface along with several features of its own. The name Carbon seems to be quiet popular these days, with a Carbon for Twitter app, then a Caron backup app and now we see the CarbonROM for this phablet. You can easily update Galaxy Note 2 N7100 to Android 4.2.2 CarbonROM Jelly Bean custom firmware using the tutorial below. Your Galaxy Note 2 should be rooted and have a custom recovery (ClockworkMod recovery / TWRP recovery) installed.
In this tutorial, we will guide you through the process of how to install Android 4.2.2 CarbonROM Jelly Bean on Galaxy Note 2 N7100 with complete steps. Please backup your data as this tutorial will wipe everything from your Galaxy Note 2 using CWM recovery. Don’t forget to read all the important tips given below and then read the tutorial steps carefully. Let’s continue with the tutorial below.
Disclaimer: All the custom ROMs and firmwares, official software updates, tools, mods or anything mentioned in the tutorial belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
UPDATE: Alternatively, you can also install Android 4.2.2 based Vanilla RootBox custom ROM. Read the tutorial here!
Android 4.2.2 CarbonROM Jelly Bean ROM Details:
Here are a few words from the CarbonROm team about their AOSP ROM project:
CarbonRom is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. The team is composed of former members of Team Liquid who have forked the code in an attempt to bring greater speed, better coding, and full authorship to code. We are in no way affiliated with Liquid0624. The rom was forked at Liquid beta 3.2.1 and has since undergone major code changes and modifications.
We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.
A list of features that is custom ROM comes with for the Galaxy Note 2 N7100:
- Android 4.2.2
- Comprehensive speed enhancements, including Linaro -O3 and processor-specific optimizations
- Unofficial Voodoo Sound support on Note 2 and i9300 devices.
- Option to hide lockscreen hints
- Carousel lockscreen
- Customizable lockscreen buttons and sliders
- Chronus clock widget
- Customizable hardware and software keys
- Transparent navbar and status bar
- Customizable navbar ring
- Navigation bar widgets
- Customizable power menu
- Notification power widget
- Notification brightness adjustment
- Customizable quicksettings panel
- Statusbar mods including center clock and color
- LCD Density
- Theme engine
- Quiet hours
- Volume rocker music controls
- Full Rotation
- Customizable battery and notification light
- More that haven’t even been mentioned, and more to come!
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 USB Drivers
You will need to connect your Android phone with the computer. For that, please make sure you have installed the USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 properly. If not, you can download the latest official drivers from our Android USB Drivers section here:
Backup and Other Important Tips
Done with the USB drivers? Perfect. The tutorial is on the next page, but first, please take a look at the following tips and important points you need to take care of. These are important, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps:
Always backup your important data that you might need after you install a new custom ROM, an official software update or anything else. Make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below for some tips on how to backup data:
- Backup your Apps. How? –> How to Backup Android Apps.
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings. How? Note down everything from: Settings > Wireless & Networks (More…) > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
Samsung users can also back up data using Samsung KIES. If you backup data manually, you get more options what to choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note backup data to HTC One X.
If you already have a custom recovery (ClockworkMod, TWRP etc.) installed on your phone, we strongly recommend a backup using that as it creates a complete image of your existing phone set up.
A few more optional tips that you should remember:
1. Having problems connecting your Android phone to the computer? You need to enable USB debugging mode. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging — for Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich and Jelly Bean.
2. Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. This might help you: How to Check Battery Percentage. Why? Because, if your phone goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods etc. — your phone might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?
4. Most of the tutorials and how-to guides on Team Android are for factory unlocked Android phones and tablets. We recommend NOT to try our guides if your phone is locked to a carrier, unless we have specified the carrier name or device model.
If you find the above tips useful and they were helpful to you, please consider giving us a +1 or LIKE to thank us!
All set and ready? Good. Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update Galaxy Note 2 N7100 to Android 4.2.2 CarbonROM Jelly Bean custom firmware.