Update Galaxy S Advance I9070 to Android 4.1.2 XXLPY Jelly Bean Firmware
Samsung Galaxy S Advance I9070 Android 4.1.2 XXLPY Jelly Bean firmware is now available, not officially, but unofficially. Samsung still has not yet announced when they will release the official Jelly Bean update, but for now, we think you must enjoy this Android 4.1.2 build XXLPY on your Galaxy S Advance I9070. Installation is a bit different and and you will be able to update Galaxy S Advance I9070 to Android 4.1.2 XXLPY Jelly Bean firmware with our tutorial.
In this tutorial, we will tell you how to install Android 4.1.2 XXLPY Jelly Bean on Galaxy S Advance I9070 with complete steps using stock recovery and a USB cable. We also have several tips on how to backup your phone data and also some more tips that you have to keep in mind before proceeding to the tutorial on the next page. You will have to wipe your previous personal data and apps as usual when installing different ROMs. Let’s begin with the tutorial below.
Disclaimer: All the custom ROMs and firmwares, official software updates, tools, mods or anything mentioned in the tutorial belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
Android 4.1.2 XXLPY Jelly Bean ROM Details:
This is a leaked and deodexed Android 4.1.2 (build XXLPY) Jelly Bean ROM for the Galaxy S Advance I9070 phone. There are some warnings that you have to keep in mind:
IMPORTANT! Your phone MUST have at least 400MB of free storage in the INTERNAL SD (NOT EXTERNAL) or it will soft-brick your phone!
Samsung Galaxy S Advance USB Drivers
You will need to connect your Android phone with the computer. For that, please make sure you have installed the USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy Ace properly. If not, you can download the latest official drivers from our Android USB Drivers section here:
Backup and Other Important Tips
Done with the USB drivers? Perfect. The tutorial is on the next page, but first, please take a look at the following tips and important points you need to take care of. These are important, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps:
Always backup your important data that you might need after you install a new custom ROM, an official software update or anything else. Make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below for some tips on how to backup data:
- Backup your Apps. How? –> How to Backup Android Apps.
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings. How? Note down everything from: Settings > Wireless & Networks (More…) > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
Samsung users can also back up data using Samsung KIES. If you backup data manually, you get more options what to choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note backup data to HTC One X.
If you already have a custom recovery (ClockworkMod, TWRP etc.) installed on your phone, we strongly recommend a backup using that as it creates a complete image of your existing phone set up.
A few more optional tips that you should remember:
1. Having problems connecting your Android phone to the computer? You need to enable USB debugging mode. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging — for Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich and Jelly Bean.
2. Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. This might help you: How to Check Battery Percentage. Why? Because, if your phone goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods etc. — your phone might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?
4. Most of the tutorials and how-to guides on Team Android are for factory unlocked Android phones and tablets. We recommend NOT to try our guides if your phone is locked to a carrier, unless we have specified the carrier name or device model.
If you find the above tips useful and they were helpful to you, please consider giving us a +1 or LIKE to thank us!
All set and ready? Good. Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update Galaxy S Advance I9070 to Android 4.1.2 XXLPY Jelly Bean firmware.