Update Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus P6200L to VJLP6 Android 4.0.4 ICS Official Firmware
Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus P6200L can be updated to VJLP6 Android 4.0.4 ICS official firmware. You can get this latest software update from Samsung KIES, or like always, we have the manual tutorial here that you can follow and update your tablet. P6200LVJLP6 is a branded firmware and will contain a few carrier apps. You can install VJLP6 Android 4.0.4 ICS official firmware on Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus P6200L now using the tutorial below.
As you read further, we will guide you through the entire process of how to update Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus P6200L to VJLP6 Android 4.0.4 official firmware using ODIN. Make sure you backup all your data from the given tools below as a precaution and don’t forget to read the important tips given below as you have to keep them in mind. You never know when something might go wrong. Let’s continue with the tutorial below.
Disclaimer: All the custom ROMs and firmwares, official software updates, tools, mods or anything mentioned in the tutorial belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
Android 4.0.4 VJLP6 Firmware Details:
If you plan on rooting this tablet or are still confused for why to root Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus P6200L, read: Benefits of Rooting Your Android Device.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus USB Drivers
You will need to connect your Android tablet with the computer. For that, please make sure you have installed the Android 4.0.4 USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus properly. If not, you can download the latest official drivers from our Android USB Drivers section here:
Backup and Other Important Tips
Done with the USB drivers? Perfect. The tutorial is on the next page, but first, please take a look at the following tips and important points you need to take care of. These are important, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps:
Always backup your important data that you might need after you install a new custom ROM, an official software update or anything else. Make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below for some tips on how to backup data:
- Backup your Apps. How? –> How to Backup Android Apps.
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings. How? Note down everything from: Settings > Wireless & Networks (More…) > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
Samsung users can also back up data using Samsung KIES. If you backup data manually, you get more options what to choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note backup data to HTC One X.
If you already have a custom recovery (ClockworkMod, TWRP etc.) installed on your tablet, we strongly recommend you to also backup using that as it creates a complete image of your existing tablet set up.
A few more optional tips that you should remember:
1. Having problems connecting your Android tablet to the computer? You need to enable USB debugging mode. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging — for Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich and Jelly Bean.
2. Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. This might help you: How to Check Battery Percentage. Why? Because, if your tablet goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods etc. — your tablet might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?
4. Most of the tutorials and how-to guides on Team Android are for factory unlocked Android phones and tablets. We recommend NOT to try our guides if your tablet is locked to a carrier, unless we have specified the carrier name or device model.
If you find the above tips useful and they were helpful to you, please consider giving us a +1 or LIKE to thank us!
All set and ready? Good. Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus P6200L to VJLP6 Android 4.0.4 ICS firmware.