Install Android 4.1.1 SkyDragon on HTC One X Jelly Bean 3.14.401.31 Custom ROM
HTC One X has already reeived the official Android 4.1.1 software update, but there are several custom ROMs rhat are even better, like Android 4.1.1 SkyDragon Jelly Bean ROM based on 3.14.401.31 update. There are no specific requirements for this ROM. You just need to have a custom recovery installed on our phone, preferably ClockworkMod Recovery, which means your phone will be rooted as well. Why you should root? Read: Benefits of Rooting Your Android Device. You can install Android 4.1.1 SkyDragon Jelly Bean on HTC One X using the tutorial below. Make sure ClockworkMod recovery is installed on your phone and your bootloader is unlocked.
As you continue reading, we will guide you through the process of how to update HTC One X with Android 4.1.1 SkyDragon Jelly Bean custom ROM. All the step-by-step instructions are given below, and we have also given a few extra tips that you have to keep in mid before proceeding. Make sure you backup your apps and other important data in the phone before proceeding as this tutorial will wipe out all your internal storage data. Let’s continue with the tutorial now.
Disclaimer: All the custom ROMs and firmwares, official software updates, tools, mods or anything mentioned in the tutorial belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
Android 4.1.1 SkyDragon Jelly Bean ROM Features:
Here is a list of the amazing features offered by this ROM for your HTC One X:
- New base Euro 3.14.401.31 (Thanks and Credits To @MAtt95 Thread of Nandroid BackUps)
- Again Dsensed
- New Home Launcher!!! 360 Lanucher!!! ( Thanks and Credits to @Jeryx)
- Rooted, Zipaligned, Busybox,
- Super Light and Slim!
- Fast and Fast
- Great Battery Life!!!
- Tweask, necessary Tweaks only
- APM Mod with AutoBrightness Hack (Thanks and Credits to Santa Jotha)
- Compatible with Others Mods
- SKYDRAGON ADD ON pack Soon
- And Things I forget
- APPS included on the ROM >>> 360 Launcher, Titanium Backup, Solid Explorer, Fancy Widgets and and Quickpic
HTC One X USB Drivers
You will need to connect your Android phone with the computer. For that, please make sure you have installed the USB drivers for HTC One X properly. If not, you can download the latest official drivers from our Android USB Drivers section here:
Backup and Other Important Tips
Done with the USB drivers? Perfect. The tutorial is on the next page, but first, please take a look at the following tips and important points you need to take care of. These are important, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps:
Always backup your important data that you might need after you install a new custom ROM, an official software update or anything else. Make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below for some tips on how to backup data:
- Backup your Apps. How? –> How to Backup Android Apps.
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings. How? Note down everything from: Settings > Wireless & Networks (More…) > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
Samsung users can also back up data using Samsung KIES. If you backup data manually, you get more options what to choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note backup data to HTC One X.
If you already have a custom recovery (ClockworkMod, TWRP etc.) installed on your phone, we strongly recommend a backup using that as it creates a complete image of your existing phone set up.
A few more optional tips that you should remember:
1. Having problems connecting your Android phone to the computer? You need to enable USB debugging mode. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging — for Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich and Jelly Bean.
2. Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. This might help you: How to Check Battery Percentage. Why? Because, if your phone goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods etc. — your phone might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?
4. Most of the tutorials and how-to guides on Team Android are for factory unlocked Android phones and tablets. We recommend NOT to try our guides if your phone is locked to a carrier, unless we have specified the carrier name or device model.
If you find the above tips useful and they were helpful to you, please consider giving us a +1 or LIKE to thank us!
All set and ready? Good. Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update HTC One X to Android 4.1.1 SkyDragon Jelly Bean custom firmware.