Update Galaxy S3 I9300 to UltimaROM XXELL5 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Custom Firmware
One of our favourite custom ROMs for Galaxy S3 I9300 has been updated, UltimaROM XXELL5 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean. This ROM comes with a long list of awesome features – we have mentioned all the features below. This ROM is based on XXELL5 Android 4.1.2 official firmware that was released a few days ago. You can update Galaxy S3 I9300 to UltimaROM XXELL5 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean custom firmware using the tutorial below.
As you continue reading below, we will guide you through the entire process of how to install UltimaROM XXELL5 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean on Galaxy S3 I9300 with complete steps and instructions. Don’t forget to read all the tips below that you have to keep in mind before proceeding. Please make sure you backup all your data as given below because this tutorial will wipe your data. Let’s get to the tutorial now.
Disclaimer: All the custom ROMs and firmwares, official software updates, tools, mods or anything mentioned in the tutorial belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial
UltimaROM XXELL5 Android 4.1.2 Features:
Here is a long list of all the features in this ROM:
- Official XXELL5 4.1.2 Jellybean.
- Jelly Bean Domination – True AOSP style
- AROMA Installer 2.56
- OTA Updates (in beta)
- Good battery life
- Many Kernels Included
- Bloatware Remover Option
- Essential Apps included, Install optional
- Custom Launchers Option
- Build.prop Tweaks
- Latest SuperSU and su binary
- Google Galaxy Nexus 4
- AOSP Keyboard and Android 4.2 Keyboard
- Google GenieWidget and Wallet included (Wallet USA only)
- Galaxy Nexus 4.2 Camera and Gallery included
- Galaxy Nexus 4 Wallpapers included
- Nexus Mode option
- AOSP/Nexus/CM10 Sounds pack option
- 52 ICS Blue Wallpapers included
- Samsung Galaxy Note II
- Samsung Ink Effect Lockscreen w/16 Colours
- Inverted Play Store Themed Blue (Latest version 3.10.10)
- Inverted YouTube (HD over 3G) Themed Blue (Latest version 4.2.16)
- Inverted Dropbox Themed Blue (Latest version 2.2.2)
- Inverted GMail Themed Blue (Latest version 4.2.1)
- Inverted Jelly Bean Calendar Option
- Inverted Google Play Music Option
- AOSP MMS, E-mail and Browser apps options
- Multiple 23 Toggles options
- Multiple 1% Battery options
- AOSP Lockscreen option
- Extended power menu
- Custom Boot Animations
- Internal2External SD Script option
- Transparent Accuweather Widget with Blue Date
- Blue Date Lockscreen Clock
- Call Recording Option
- Centred Clock Option
- Long Press Volume to change tracks
- MegaBassBeats Audio option
You might want to read this: How to Install ClockworkMod Touch Recovery 126.96.36.199 on Galaxy S3 I9300.
Samsung Galaxy S3 USB Drivers
You will need to connect your Android phone with the computer. For that, please make sure you have installed the USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S3 properly. If not, you can download the latest official drivers from our Android USB Drivers section here:
Backup and Other Important Tips
Done with the USB drivers? Perfect. The tutorial is on the next page, but first, please take a look at the following tips and important points you need to take care of. These are important, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps:
Always backup your important data that you might need after you install a new custom ROM, an official software update or anything else. Make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below for some tips on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings. How? Note down everything from: Settings > Wireless & Networks (More…) > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
Samsung users can also back up data using Samsung KIES. If you backup data manually, you get more options what to choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note backup data to HTC One X.
If you already have a custom recovery (ClockworkMod, TWRP etc.) installed on your phone, we strongly recommend a backup using that as it creates a complete image of your existing phone set up.
A few more optional tips that you should remember:
1. Having problems connecting your Android phone to the computer? You need to enable USB debugging mode. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging — for Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich and Jelly Bean.
2. Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. This might help you: How to Check Battery Percentage. Why? Because, if your phone goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods etc. — your phone might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?
4. Most of the tutorials and how-to guides on Team Android are for factory unlocked Android phones and tablets. We recommend NOT to try our guides if your phone is locked to a carrier, unless we have specified the carrier name or device model.
If you find the above tips useful and they were helpful to you, please consider giving us a +1 or LIKE to thank us!
All set and ready? Good. Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update Galaxy S3 I9300 to UltimaROM XXELL5 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean custom firmware.