Update HTC One S to Android 4.2.1 Dark Jelly S CM10.1 Jelly Bean Custom Firmware
You can now install Android 4.2.1 on HTC One S with Dark Jelly S ROM which is based on CM10.1 (CyanogenMod 10.1) sources. This custom firmware brings a number of new features to your phone with the latest Android 4.2.1. We have mentioned a list of changed and updated features of CM10.1 in this ROM below. You need to have ClockworkMod recovery installed in order to install this custom ROM. You can easily update HTC One S with Android 4.2.1 Dark Jelly S CM10.1 Jelly Bean ROM using the tutorial below.
As you continue reading below, we will guide you through the process of how to install Android 4.2.1 Dark Jelly S CM10.1 Jelly Bean on HTC One S. We have given all the tips to backup your Android phone data and also a few more important tips that you have to keep in mind before proceeding to the tutorial on the next page. Please make sure to backup all your personal data and apps as this tutorial will wipe your internal storage. Let’s get on with the tutorial now.
Disclaimer: All the custom ROMs and firmwares, official software updates, tools, mods or anything mentioned in the tutorial belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial
Android 4.2.1 Dark Jelly S CM10.1 Jelly Bean ROM Details:
Here is a list of changes in this ROM:
- Based on my Unoffical CM10.1 Build
- Customizable installation with AROMA Installer
- Aroma Installer with english or german language
- Aroma Installer option to customize the installed Dark Jelly S Edition
- Full-/Non-Wipe option in AROMA Installer
- S-On Kernel Installer
- Preinstalled HTCDumlock
- Selectable Baseband/Radio
- Preinstalled gapps
- Selectable bootanimationen (Galaxy Nexus , CM7 oder CM10)
- Backup-Function, (Ringtones, Notificationtones, Alarmtones, Bootanimation)
- Ubuntu- or Roboto-Font
- Clock Position Option
- Build-Version at “about phone”
- The superuser App can be choosen in Aroma Installer, (SuperUser or SuperSu)
- OTA Dark Jelly S Edition Updates (with UpdateMe App)
- Deleted CM-Updater
- Included AwesomeBeats, (Big Thanks to …Awesome…)
- AlphaBlueMod-Theme, (original AlphaBlue Theme by ock)
- Added 3 battery icons, (System settings -> System -> Status bar -> Battery status style)
- Additional Apps (uninstallable)
- System-Apps are (un-)installable via Aroma-Installer
- CM/Android Videos are (un-)installable via Aroma-Installer
What does not work?
- CM10.1 bugs
NOTE: Since this is a nightly build, make sure you know that after installing this firmware update, your Android device can get FC errors, boot loops, several other bugs, apps might not work or worse, your phone might not boot. To fix, you will have to reinstall stock firmware or any other stable custom ROM.
UPDATE: CM10.1 with the latest Android 4.2.2 is now available for this Android phone. Read here for the tutorial.
HTC One S USB Drivers
You will need to connect your Android phone with the computer. For that, please make sure you have installed the USB drivers for HTC One S properly. If not, you can download the latest official drivers from our Android USB Drivers section here:
Backup and Other Important Tips
Done with the USB drivers? Perfect. The tutorial is on the next page, but first, please take a look at the following tips and important points you need to take care of. These are important, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps:
Always backup your important data that you might need after you install a new custom ROM, an official software update or anything else. Make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below for some tips on how to backup data:
- Backup your Apps. How? –> How to Backup Android Apps.
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings. How? Note down everything from: Settings > Wireless & Networks (More…) > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
Samsung users can also back up data using Samsung KIES. If you backup data manually, you get more options what to choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note backup data to HTC One X.
If you already have a custom recovery (ClockworkMod, TWRP etc.) installed on your phone, we strongly recommend a backup using that as it creates a complete image of your existing phone set up.
A few more optional tips that you should remember:
1. Having problems connecting your Android phone to the computer? You need to enable USB debugging mode. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging — for Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich and Jelly Bean.
2. Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. This might help you: How to Check Battery Percentage. Why? Because, if your phone goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods etc. — your phone might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?
4. Most of the tutorials and how-to guides on Team Android are for factory unlocked Android phones and tablets. We recommend NOT to try our guides if your phone is locked to a carrier, unless we have specified the carrier name or device model.
If you find the above tips useful and they were helpful to you, please consider giving us a +1 or LIKE to thank us!
All set and ready? Good. You can now proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update HTC One S to Android 4.2.1 Dark Jelly S CM10.1 Jelly Bean custom firmware.