Update HTC Evo 3D to Android 4.1.2 PACman Jelly Bean Custom Firmware
HTC Evo 3D can now be updated to Android 4.1.2 PACman Jelly Bean custom ROM which combines all the features from Panaroid Android, AOKP and CyanogenMod. HTC has been very lazy in releasing Android updates and many of their phones have been dropped from HTC’s support for new Android software updates. Developers have been trying to keep old phones alive by releasing custom ROMs based on new Android 4.1.2 update. You can update HTC Evo 3D to Android 4.1.2 PACman Jelly Bean custom ROM using the tutorial below.
In this tutorial, we will guide you through the process of how to install Android 4.1.2 PACman Jelly Bean on HTC Evo 3D with complete steps. We have even mentioned all the precautionary points you should keep in mind before performing anything and don’t forget to backup your phone. Remember, this is not an official Jelly Bean update. Let’s move on to the tutorial below.
Disclaimer: All the custom ROMs and firmwares, official software updates, tools, mods or anything mentioned in the tutorial belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial
Android 4.1.2 PACman Jelly Bean Firmware Details:
Since this ROM is still in experimental phase, there are many apps that do not work. So far, the known apps not to work are:
- 3D Camera
- WiFi Tethering
- Issues with video playback in Gallery (may be)
HTC Evo 3D USB Drivers
You will need to connect your Android phone with the computer. For that, please make sure you have installed the USB drivers for HTC Evo 3D properly. If not, you can download the latest official drivers from our Android USB Drivers section here:
Backup and Other Important Tips
Done with the USB drivers? Perfect. The tutorial is on the next page, but first, please take a look at the following tips and important points you need to take care of. These are important, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps:
Always backup your important data that you might need after you install a new custom ROM, an official software update or anything else. Make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below for some tips on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings. How? Note down everything from: Settings > Wireless & Networks (More…) > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
Samsung users can also back up data using Samsung KIES. If you backup data manually, you get more options what to choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note backup data to HTC One X.
If you already have a custom recovery (ClockworkMod, TWRP etc.) installed on your phone, we strongly recommend a backup using that as it creates a complete image of your existing phone set up.
A few more optional tips that you should remember:
1. Having problems connecting your Android phone to the computer? You need to enable USB debugging mode. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging — for Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich and Jelly Bean.
2. Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. This might help you: How to Check Battery Percentage. Why? Because, if your phone goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods etc. — your phone might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?
4. Most of the tutorials and how-to guides on Team Android are for factory unlocked Android phones and tablets. We recommend NOT to try our guides if your phone is locked to a carrier, unless we have specified the carrier name or device model.
If you find the above tips useful and they were helpful to you, please consider giving us a +1 or LIKE to thank us!
All set and ready? Good. Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial below and install Android 4.1.2 PACman Jelly Bean custom ROM on HTC Evo 3D.