How to Install Galaxy S3 SHV-E210L KLJLL5 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Official Firmware
Another variant of the Korean gSGS3 has received the official KLJLL5 Android 4.1.2 firmware update for Galaxy S3 LTE SHV-E210L in Korea. Samsung has made no announcements of when will the Galaxy S3 get Android 4.2 Jelly Bean. We recently wrote about the latest update for Galaxy S3 SHV-E210K and now, we have a tutorial for Galaxy S3 SHV-E210L. You do not need to have ClockworkMod recovery installed or a rooted phone in order to install this official firmware. E210LKLJLL5 is now available as an unbranded firmware. You can easily update Galaxy S3 SHV-E210L to KLJLL5 Android 4.1.2 using our tutorial below.
As you continue reading below, we will guide you through the entire process of how to backup your data, other important tips that you have to keep in mind and how to install KLJLL5 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean on Galaxy S3 SHV-E210L using ODIN. Don’t forget to backup all your apps and personal data as a precaution because there is always a risk of you could losing your data during the installation process. Let’s continue with the tutorial now.
Disclaimer: All the custom ROMs and firmwares, official software updates, tools, mods or anything mentioned in the tutorial belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial
KLJLL5 Android 4.1.2 Firmware Details:
Samsung Galaxy S3 USB Drivers
You will need to connect your Android phone with the computer. For that, please make sure you have installed the USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S3 properly. If not, you can download the latest official drivers from our Android USB Drivers section here:
Backup and Other Important Tips
Done with the USB drivers? Perfect. The tutorial is on the next page, but first, please take a look at the following tips and important points you need to take care of. These are important, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps:
Always backup your important data that you might need after you install a new custom ROM, an official software update or anything else. Make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below for some tips on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings. How? Note down everything from: Settings > Wireless & Networks (More…) > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
Samsung users can also back up data using Samsung KIES. If you backup data manually, you get more options what to choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note backup data to HTC One X.
If you already have a custom recovery (ClockworkMod, TWRP etc.) installed on your phone, we strongly recommend a backup using that as it creates a complete image of your existing phone set up.
A few more optional tips that you should remember:
1. Having problems connecting your Android phone to the computer? You need to enable USB debugging mode. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging — for Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich and Jelly Bean.
2. Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. This might help you: How to Check Battery Percentage. Why? Because, if your phone goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods etc. — your phone might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?
4. Most of the tutorials and how-to guides on Team Android are for factory unlocked Android phones and tablets. We recommend NOT to try our guides if your phone is locked to a carrier, unless we have specified the carrier name or device model.
If you find the above tips useful and they were helpful to you, please consider giving us a +1 or LIKE to thank us!
All set and ready? Good. Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update Galaxy S3 SHV-E210L to KLJLL5 Android 4.1.2 official firmware.