Galaxy Ace Duos S6802 XXLK2 Android 2.3.6 Official Firmware – How to Install Tutorial
The latest Gingerbread firmware for the Galaxy Ace Duos S6802 is now available – XXLK2 Android 2.3.6 official firmware update. Firmware updates are usually OTA and you get a notification on your phone, but for those who do not get that, you can always grab the latest update for Galaxy Ace Duos S6802 and the tutorial from Team Android. You do not need to have ClockworkMod recovery installed or a rooted phone in order to install this update manually. You can easily update Galaxy Ace Duos S6802 to XXLK2 Android 2.3.6 using our tutorial.
As you continue reading, we will guide you through the entire process of how to install XXLK2 Android 2.3.6 (Switzerland) firmware on Galaxy Ace Duos S6802. Please make sure you backup your data with the given tips below and also read the other important tips given as you will need them before proceeding to the update tutorial. This is an unbranded firmware so it can be installed on any Galaxy Ace Duos. Let’s continue with the tutorial below.
Disclaimer: All the custom ROMs and firmwares, official software updates, tools, mods or anything mentioned in the tutorial belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial
Android 2.3.6 XXLK2 Firmware Details:
Regions: Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom
If you plan on rooting this phone or are still confused for why to root Galaxy Ace Duos S6802, read: Benefits of Rooting Your Android Device.
Samsung Galaxy Ace Duos USB Drivers
You will need to connect your Android phone with the computer. For that, please make sure you have installed the USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy Ace Duos properly. If not, you can download the latest official drivers from our Android USB Drivers section here:
Backup and Other Important Tips
Done with the USB drivers? Perfect. The tutorial is on the next page, but first, please take a look at the following tips and important points you need to take care of. These are important, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps:
Always backup your important data that you might need after you install a new custom ROM, an official software update or anything else. Make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below for some tips on how to backup data:
- Backup your Apps. How? –> How to Backup Android Apps.
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings. How? Note down everything from: Settings > Wireless & Networks (More…) > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
Samsung users can also back up data using Samsung KIES. If you backup data manually, you get more options what to choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note backup data to HTC One X.
If you already have a custom recovery (ClockworkMod, TWRP etc.) installed on your phone, we strongly recommend a backup using that as it creates a complete image of your existing phone set up.
A few more optional tips that you should remember:
1. Having problems connecting your Android phone to the computer? You need to enable USB debugging mode. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging — for Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich and Jelly Bean.
2. Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. This might help you: How to Check Battery Percentage. Why? Because, if your phone goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods etc. — your phone might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?
4. Most of the tutorials and how-to guides on Team Android are for factory unlocked Android phones and tablets. We recommend NOT to try our guides if your phone is locked to a carrier, unless we have specified the carrier name or device model.
If you find the above tips useful and they were helpful to you, please consider giving us a +1 or LIKE to thank us!
All set and ready? Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial below and update Galaxy Ace Duos S6802 to XXLK2 Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread official firmware.
How to Update Galaxy Ace Duos S6802 to XXLK2 Android 2.3.6
We have put together a detailed step-by-step instructions guide on how to update Samsung Galaxy Ace Duos S6802 to Android 2.3.6 XXLK2 Gingerbread. If you are used to installing official updates through ODIN on Samsung Galaxy devices, then this should not be any different for you.
Please read every line carefully and make sure you read the tutorial once before actually performing it on your Android device.
- This tutorial is only for Samsung Galaxy Ace Duos S6802. Please don’t try this on any other variants of the phone.
- This is an unbranded firmware with no carrier apps installed on it.
- Make sure you backup all your data in your phone before proceeding.
Rooting Warning: This is an official Android 2.3.6 XXLK2 update for Galaxy Ace Duos S6802, which means you will lose root as soon as you install this update . You will again have to root Galaxy Ace Duos to gain full system access and be able to install root apps again. We will post a full tutorial on how to root Galaxy Ace Duos S6802 on 2.3.6 soon.
Complete Step-By-Step Instructions:
Step 1 - Download Android 2.3.6 S6802XXLK2 for Galaxy Ace Duos to your computer and extract the zip file.
Step 2 - Download ODIN v1.85 which will help you to install Android 2.3.6 on Samsung Galaxy Ace Duos S6802.
Step 3 - Switch OFF your phone. Now go to Download Mode. How? Press and hold the Volume Down + Power buttons together, till you see the Samsung logo or the construction Android robot and a triangle. This is the Download Mode.
Step 4 - Make sure you have your Galaxy Ace Duos USB drivers installed on your computer.
Step 5 - Open ODIN on your computer. Connect Galaxy Ace Duos to your computer while the phone is in the Download Mode.
Step 6 - If your phone is connected successfully, one of the ID:COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number. This step might take some time.
Step 7 - Now select the files that you have to flash/install on your phone. These files are to be found from the extracted files in Step 1.
- Click on ‘PDA’ and select file with ‘CODE’ in its name.
- Click on ‘Phone’ and select file with ‘MODEM’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
- Click on ‘CSC’ and select file with CSC’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
- Click on ‘PIT’ and select the .pit file. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Step 8 - In ODIN, check the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options. As for the Re-Partition option, check it ONLY if you selected a .PIT file in the above step.
Step 9 - Now click on the Start button in ODIN. Installation process will start and would take a few minutes to complete.
Step 10 - After the installation is completed, your phone will restart. After you see the home screen, unplug your phone from the computer.
That’s it. Your Samsung Galaxy Ace Duos has now been updated to XXLK2 Android 2.3.6 firmware. Go to Settings > About phone to verify.
Hit +1 or LIKE to thank us!
If you run into any problems, feel free to drop us a comment below and we will reply you back ASAP with the fix or the solution to your problem.