Update Galaxy S2 I9100 to XXLSJ Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Leaked Official Test Firmware
Android 4.1.2 for Galaxy S2 I9100 is now available as a leaked official test firmware! Just today, we got Android 4.1.2 leaked for Galaxy S3 I9300, and now Galaxy S2 I9100. We know you can’t wait to give this firmware a try. XXLSJ Android 4.1.2 is not an official firmware on Samsung KIES, but a leaked test firmware that has somehow come online for everyone to try what Samsung will be bringing to the Galaxy S2 I9100 with their Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update! We have the download link and a complete tutorial for I9100XXLSJ — and also how to root Jelly Bean on SGS2. You can easily install XXLSJ Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean on Galaxy S2 I9100 using the tutorial given below.
As you continue reading below, we will guide you through the entire process of how to update Galaxy S2 I9100 to XXLSJ Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean using ODIN. This latest I9100XXLSJ firmware has been leaked online – it is a pre-release test firmware. Make sure you backup all your data before trying this and you know what you are doing. Let’s continue with the tutorial below.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial
Galaxy S2 I9100 XXLSJ Android 4.1.2 New Features:
- Buttery Smooth Performance & Great Stability (Thanks to Project Butter)
- New TouchWiz Nature UX (Same UI as of the Galaxy S III and Galaxy Note II)
- Samsung’s Cloud services
- Direct Call, Smart Stay and Pop-up Play Features
- New Widgets From the Galaxy S III
- 2 Home screen modes
- New Notifications bar
- Google Now
Android 4.1.2 XXLSJ Firmware Details:
Android Version: 4.1.2 – JZO54K (Jelly Bean)
Build Date: 6th November 2012
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy S II to connect it with the computer. Download Samsung Galaxy S2 USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
UPDATE: Android 4.1.2 official firmware is now available for the AT&T Galaxy S2 SGH-I777. Read the tutorial here!
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android phone with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
Data can also be backed up using Samsung KIES for their devices, but if you backup data manually, you get more options what top choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note backup data to HTC One X.
4. Your phone should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update Galaxy S2 I9100 to XXLSJ Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean leaked firmware.