Update Galaxy S2 I9100 to Codebox Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Custom ROM
Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 has been getting lots of Android 4.1.2 custom ROMs. The latest one we came across is Codebox, based on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean. We are not sure when does Samsung plan on releasing the official Android 4.1.1 software update for the Galaxy S2. Meanwhile, you can install Codebox Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean on Galaxy S2 I9100 (International) using our tutorial. Remember, this is not an official Jelly Bean firmware. It is just a custom ROM with stock Android.
As you continue reading this tutorial below, we will guide you how to update Galaxy S2 I9100 to Codebox Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean with complete steps. This tutorial requires you to already have a custom recovery (ClockworkMod) installed on your Android phone. Make sure you also backup all your data as given below because you will have to wipe all the data as you will be installing a new custom ROM. Let’s move on to the tutorial now.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial
Codebox Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Features:
- Every feature from cna
- USB Mass storage mode
- Torch at lockscreen
- Horsepower settings directly in the main settings (no external app)
- Android 4.1.2
- Performance and code cleaning stuff
- Many grafic enhancements
- Some nice stuff from android 4.2 like
- Camera app
- Gallery app
- Keyboard app
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy S II to connect it with the computer. Download Samsung Galaxy S II USB drivers! from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
4. Your Samsung Galaxy S II should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and install Codebox Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean on your Galaxy S2 I9100.