Update Xperia Live Walkman WT19i / WT19a to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Custom ROM
FreeXperia project has once again made it possible for a number of Sony Ericsson Android phones to enjoy the latest Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update. Xperia Live Walkman is one of the few devices that can now experience AOSP Android 4.1.2 (CyanogenMod 10). You can easily install Android 4.1.2 CM10 Jelly Bean on Xperia Live Walkman WT19i / WT19a on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean with the easy tutorial below.
In this tutorial, we will tell you how to update Xperia Live Walkman WT19i / WT19a to CM10 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware with complete steps and instructions. Make sure you backup all your data as given in the tips below. You need to have ClockworkMod recovery installed in order to install this ROM. Let’s get on with the tutorial now.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial
What’s Not Working:
- Lots of features.
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Sony Ericsson Xperia Live Walkman to connect it with the computer. Download Sony Ericsson Xperia Live Walkman USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android phone with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
4. Your phone should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update Xperia Live Walkman WT19i / WT19a to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware.