How to Update Galaxy S Duos S7562 to XXALJ4 Android 4.0.4 Official Firmware
Samsung Galaxy S Duos S7562 firmware update XXALJ4 Android 4.0.4 is now available for download. You can download this new software update from Samsung KIES, or if for some reason you can’t, you can always follow our tutorial below to update your phone. This S7562XXALJ4 update is a October 2012 release and we expect it to fix previous bugs. You can install XXALJ4 Android 4.0.4 on Galaxy S Duos S7562 using this tutorial.
As you continue reading below, we will guide you through the entire process of how to update Galaxy S Duos S7562 with XXALJ4 Android 4.0.4 official firmware using ODIN. Please make sure you backup all your apps and personal data from the tips given below because you never know when something might go wrong. Let’s continue with the tutorial below.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial
You can also install stock XXALJ4 Android 4.0.4 ICS firmware after using a custom ROM and now you can unroot Galaxy S Duos S7562 and do a fresh installation of the phone using this tutorial.
Android 4.0.4 XXALJ4 Firmware Details:
Regions: Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy S Duos to connect it with the computer. Download Samsung Galaxy S Duos USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android phone with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
Data can also be backed up using Samsung KIES for their devices, but if you backup data manually, you get more options what top choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note backup data to HTC One X.
4. Your phone should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and install XXALJ4 Android 4.0.4 ICS on Galaxy S Duos S7562.